Linux X1000 newbie

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
User avatar
alfkil
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by alfkil »

@xeno79

It boots well, but it doesn't recognize usb devices (mouse + keyboard) for login. Is there anything else, I need to do?

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by xeno74 »

alfkil wrote:@xeno79

It boots well, but it doesn't recognize usb devices (mouse + keyboard) for login. Is there anything else, I need to do?
How are the USB devices connected? Directly, via Bluetooth, via USB hub or via KVM switch? Could you please connect them to other ports? Please also test another mouse + keyboard.

— Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
alfkil
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by alfkil »

@xeno74

It's an apple corded keyboard with no other peripherals connected to it and some bulk cordless mouse. I have tried them with different ports, but it seems to be always the same.

I have had issues with the keyboard before, allegedly because of power loss when other items are connected to it. But never this consistently. It is a new issue with kernel 5.0.

I don't have another spare keyboard or mouse at present.

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by xeno74 »

alfkil wrote:@xeno74

It's an apple corded keyboard with no other peripherals connected to it and some bulk cordless mouse. I have tried them with different ports, but it seems to be always the same.

I have had issues with the keyboard before, allegedly because of power loss when other items are connected to it. But never this consistently. It is a new issue with kernel 5.0.

I don't have another spare keyboard or mouse at present.
I don’t have any issues with USB devices and I use a lot of them simultaneously. (mouse, keyboard, Bluetooth stick, WLAN stick)

Could you please test the alpha4 of kernel 5.1?

linux-image-5.1-alpha4-X1000_X5000.tar.gz

Thanks
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
alfkil
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by alfkil »

@xeno74

Could it be an issue with the /lib/modules files? I have problems copying the 5.0 specific files to my root partition because I can't boot from usb.

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by xeno74 »

alfkil wrote:@xeno74

Could it be an issue with the /lib/modules files? I have problems copying the 5.0 specific files to my root partition because I can't boot from usb.
I think not but except you use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Do they work with the kernel 4.19.1?
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
alfkil
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by alfkil »

@xeno74

I managed to boot the usb from kernel 4.19, copied the kernel_modules for 5.0, and now the keyboard and mouse work right out of the box.

5.0 seems to boot slightly more consistently than 4.19.

5.0 has problems booting from usb. It doesn't recognize root=/dev/sdb2.

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by xeno74 »

alfkil wrote:@xeno74

I managed to boot the usb from kernel 4.19, copied the kernel_modules for 5.0, and now the keyboard and mouse work right out of the box.

5.0 seems to boot slightly more consistently than 4.19.

5.0 has problems booting from usb. It doesn't recognize root=/dev/sdb2.
OK, good to know. Please add rootdelay=5 to the boot arguments and try it again.

Code: Select all

setenv bootargs "root=/dev/sdb2 rootdelay=5"
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
alfkil
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by alfkil »

@xeno74

rootdelay=5 doesn't solve the issue.

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6210
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Linux X1000 newbie

Post by xeno74 »

alfkil wrote:@xeno74

rootdelay=5 doesn't solve the issue.
Thanks for testing! :-) What do you think about buying a fast SanDisk Ultra USB stick? Maybe your USB sticks are to slow.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

Post Reply