Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Spectre660
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by Spectre660 »

@ Caseycullen

Install a full Debian 8 Mate with my installer ramdisk below.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoZd ... Fo4clZzUmc
Copy the ramdisk to a Fat32 formatted thumb drive with your kernel of choice and cyrus_520.dtb

boot the installer with the uboot options below and install Debian 8 .

usb reset
setenv bootargs root=/dev/ramdisk mem=3500M radeon.pcie_gen2=1
fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage-cyrus
fatload usb 0:1 1c00000 cyrus_5020.dtb
fatload usb 0:1 2000000 uRamdisk_Debian_8-net
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000

After the installation clone the partition from Ubuntu Mate using gparted . You could also use dd from the newly installed Debian 8 .
Boot from the newly installed or cloned Debian 8 partition then upgrade .

You can skip the cloning if you don't also want to keep a Debian 8 installation .
after cloning the partition and booting from it change the /etc/apt/sources.list to

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

upgrade to Debian 9/sid with:

apt-get update
apt-get -u dist-upgrade


PS: I have also done a Gentoo installer image that boots but I have not tried to do an installation yet.
if your are interested in trying it just ask.
.
caseycullen wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Debian Sid on X5000
Hi Julian,
How did you install Debian Sid?
---Casey
Spectre660
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by Spectre660 »

X5000 4.9.34 Kernel.

Configured for gpio poweroff but can't get it to work so compiled without the poweroff patch .
Also archive also includes a dtb file again made without the poweroff patch.
This dtb file used the default name which is cyrus_p5020.dtb the older ones don't have the "p" in the name (cyrus_5020.dtb)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoZd ... G9CeW44Q3M
Spectre660
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by Spectre660 »

Hi Guys ,

You might be interested in trying this X5000 Gentoo Minimal Install USB image that I did .
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2d49 ... 1.img?dl=0
image is of a 512mb SD card so not too big.
Have only only checked that it boots ok but have not tried an actual installation.
Have never used Gentoo myself but the install instructions can be found here :
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:PPC
Bootloader section would not apply as is for Uboot machines .

dd the image to a USB thumb drive .
Kernel,dtb and ramdisk all on the single usb partition along with the squashfs etc.

Uboot stuff something like this:

usb reset
setenv bootargs root/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot rootdelay=10 mem=3500M
fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage-cyrus
fatload usb 0:1 1c00000 cyrus_5020.dtb
fatload usb 0:1 2000000 uRamdisk
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000
Last edited by Spectre660 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6386
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by xeno74 »

Spectre660 wrote:X5000 4.9.34 Kernel.

Configured for gpio poweroff but can't get it to work so compiled without the poweroff patch .
Also archive also includes a dtb file again made without the poweroff patch.
This dtb file used the default name which is cyrus_p5020.dtb the older ones don't have the "p" in the name (cyrus_5020.dtb)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoZd ... G9CeW44Q3M
It works. :-) Many thanks!

Image
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Spectre660
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by Spectre660 »

@xeno74

Thank you Christian .
Spectre660
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by Spectre660 »

Debian 8 (Jessie) ramdisk installer

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoZd ... zRaQ3VrM0E

Copy the ramdisk to a Fat32 formatted thumb drive with your kernel of choice and cyrus_520.dtb

boot the installer with the U-boot options below to install Debian 8 .

usb reset
setenv bootargs root=/dev/ramdisk mem=3500M radeon.pcie_gen2=1
fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage-cyrus
fatload usb 0:1 1c00000 cyrus_5020.dtb
fatload usb 0:1 2000000 uRamdisk_Debian_8-net
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000
Last edited by Spectre660 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spectre660
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by Spectre660 »

Ubuntu 16.04 ramdisk installer

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoZd ... GI4S2NXd3M

Copy the ramdisk to a Fat32 formatted thumb drive with your kernel of choice and cyrus_520.dtb

boot the installer with the U-boot options below to install Ubuntu-Mate 16.04 .

usb reset
setenv bootargs root=/dev/ramdisk mem=3500M radeon.pcie_gen2=1
fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage-cyrus
fatload usb 0:1 1c00000 cyrus_5020.dtb
fatload usb 0:1 2000000 uRamdisk_Ubuntu-Mate_16.04_net
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000
Last edited by Spectre660 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
caseycullen
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:12 am
Location: Madison, WI USA
Contact:

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by caseycullen »

Great; will try this out sometime this week, thanks!
---Casey
Spectre660 wrote:@ Caseycullen

Install a full Debian 8 Mate with my installer ramdisk below.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoZd ... Fo4clZzUmc
Copy the ramdisk to a Fat32 formatted thumb drive with your kernel of choice and cyrus_520.dtb

boot the installer with the uboot options below and install Debian 8 .

usb reset
setenv bootargs root=/dev/ramdisk mem=3500M radeon.pcie_gen2=1
fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage-cyrus
fatload usb 0:1 1c00000 cyrus_5020.dtb
fatload usb 0:1 2000000 uRamdisk_Debian_8-net
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000

After the installation clone the partition from Ubuntu Mate using gparted . You could also use dd from the newly installed Debian 8 .
Boot from the newly installed or cloned Debian 8 partition then upgrade .

You can skip the cloning if you don't also want to keep a Debian 8 installation .
after cloning the partition and booting from it change the /etc/apt/sources.list to

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

upgrade to Debian 9/sid with:

apt-get update
apt-get -u dist-upgrade


PS: I have also done a Gentoo installer image that boots but I have not tried to do an installation yet.
if your are interested in trying it just ask.
Spectre660
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by Spectre660 »

@ All
Note that the installers partitioner treats NGFS partitions as empty space so be careful .
monkey01
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the X5000

Post by monkey01 »

Spectre660 wrote:Ubuntu 16.04 ramdisk installer

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxoZd ... 3RvbWpfeWc

Copy the ramdisk to a Fat32 formatted thumb drive with your kernel of choice and cyrus_520.dtb

boot the installer with the U-boot options below to install Ubuntu-Mate 16.04 .

usb reset
setenv bootargs root=/dev/ramdisk mem=3500M radeon.pcie_gen2=1
fatload usb 0:1 1000000 uImage-cyrus
fatload usb 0:1 1c00000 cyrus_5020.dtb
fatload usb 0:1 2000000 uRamdisk_Ubuntu-Mate_16.04_net
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000
On my X5000 the installer hangs at the point where he scans the disks.
The debian installer wents fine. any advices?
:(
Post Reply