Can't get BoingBall Screenblanker to work

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
amigasociety

Can't get BoingBall Screenblanker to work

Post by amigasociety »

From what I understand BoingBall Screenblanker needs Wazp3D.library to run and so far I can't get it to work.

Stock X1000 trying to run BoingBall screenblanker it does not work so I downloaded Wazp3D, renamed the Warp3D.library in my System>>Libs drawer to oldWarp3D.library and moved the new Wazp3D.library-ppc over to System>>Libs and in there renamed it to Warp3D.library.

Shutoff the X1000, rebooted, try to run BoingBall Screenblanker by selecting it in and clicking test full screem where my screen just goes black. Never see a boing ball.

Any tips on what I am doing wrong?

As a side note, the small monitor window when I select BoingBall does show the little ball bouncing inside and if I turn on sound I hear the ball bounce but when selecting Full Screen button black window yet I still hear the sound bouncing ball. Just black screen in full screen mode.

tj
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
BandiT
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Can't get BoingBall Screenblanker to work

Post by BandiT »

Hi tj, sounds like you have done everything correctly, I did exactly the same thing and the Boingball blanker works fine for me.

I will check again when I get home tonight and get back to you.

regards
Anthony
AmigaOne X1000, Boing Ball Fractal R3 white case, XFX Radeon 4890 XXX edition 1 GB, OCZ Vertex 3 SSD & 1TB Sata HD, AmigaOne Keyboard and
Boing Ball mouse (white), 4 GB Kingston HyperX RAM, Official DVD burner. CoolerMaster GX750, Realtek 8169 (Netgear GA311), BenQ 24" Widescreen.
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Update all..... I think it is working but rather poorly. Let me explain...

When I launch ScreenBlanker and select the BoingBall, and then click the Test Fullscreen button, the screen goes black.

This time rather that quitting it I let it run on black screen as I received a call and about 2 minutes later, a bouncing ball FINALLY shows on the screen. It is bouncing at the pace of a snail that took some sleeping meds but it did finally show up and a ball rather choppily moves on screen, maybe an inch movement every second or two.

So, how long is it taking your ball to show on screen once the Test Fullscreen button is clicked?

How fluid is your ball movement (did I just say that hehehe).

So it appears it may be working, just at such a slow rate that it takes 2 minutes just for the BoingBall to show on my screen and then it runs just soooooo slowwwww.

So install all this time appeared to work and I followed directions fine from the initial install to then re-installing again and again making sure I followed all your tips.

So yes install seems easy enough but signs are it just was not working yet maybe it is but...

tj
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
otakui
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by otakui »

That sounds like it's working off software only rendering without compositing.
Al Stremming - AmigaOne X1000 Beta Tester A1-X1001. Official Fractal R3 black case, ASUS R9 270X 2 GB, Samsung 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB, AmigaOne Keyboard, Boing Ball mouse, 2 GB RAM, Official DVD burner. Realtek 8139, OCZ 650W, Catweasel Mk II.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

This may not really help, but: 3D screen blankers won't work unless you have a graphics card which AmigaOS supports 3D on. The RadeonHD card that comes with the X1000 does not have 3D support yet (it needs Gallium3D + Mesa that is promised for AmigaOS4.2). In theory a Radeon 9250 installed in a PCI slot would allow 3D to work, but currently all your PCI slots will be used by a network & a sound card.

Wazp3D is an entirely software implementation of Warp3D, and therefore is likely to be very slow when more complex graphical effects are used. If anything 3D works acceptable with Wazp3D, then I consider yourself lucky... (Caveat: I have not tried Wazp3D yet myself.)