SoundFX and OS4.X ... possibility to get work?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
alex-kid

SoundFX and OS4.X ... possibility to get work?

Post by alex-kid »

Hi,

i have tested SoundFX with OS4.X.
The program starts perfectly, but i can press all the buttons and the buttons in pulldown menue and there is no action.
It seems, it is only a GUI problem.
Is there a possibility to get this wonderful program work on OS4 (maybe with an update later)?
I have asked the author of SoundFX. He said i should ask OS4 developers, because he doesn´t own any OS4 machine.

Best Regards,
Alex
SAM440ep Flex 800, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250
cha05e90

Re: SoundFX and OS4.X ... possibility to get work?

Post by cha05e90 »

Which version of SoundFX did you try to use? I'm running version 4.3.94 just nicely on both my SAM440ep and my Pegasos II.Maybe this thread at amigans.net is helpful: http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/v ... &move=next
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Yep sadly many old software does not work correctly under OS4 and i doubt they will workaround OS4 for them, almost not for now, aniway recently i opened a thread with the hope that it will happen somehow

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... f=14&t=404
alex-kid

Post by alex-kid »

@ cha05e90: Thank you for the link!!! I will try a new installation later. I use SFX 4.3. I didn´t know that subversions like 4.3.XX are present. :-(
@ samo: Thank you for the summary. Good work!

Alex
SAM440ep Flex 800, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

It is always best to contact the author if you can and ask them for a fix.

Depending on the software, we can provide authors with hardware to run 4.x and help fix such problems as well.
ExecSG Team Lead
samo79

Post by samo79 »

ssolie wrote:It is always best to contact the author if you can and ask them for a fix.

Depending on the software, we can provide authors with hardware to run 4.x and help fix such problems as well.
Well in an ideal world this could be surely the correct procedure but in reality is not, pratically all developers that wrote such old applications are not availible on Amiga community anymore so we can't ask them to fix their apps for OS4

So the unique method is "workaround" OS4 to be able to run them (when possible of course), that's the same problem with the WarpOS apps, for example do you think that the team who develop WipeOut 2097 will magically come back just to fix it for OS4 ?

No sadly it will never happen, so if we want such games or any other "not working" apps out there we need to workaround them, i can't see any other realistic solution :roll: