Why is Mode xxx is not supported at the given frequency now?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
tommysammy

Re: Why is Mode xxx is not supported at the given frequency

Post by tommysammy »

SOFISTISOFTWARE wrote:i'm using RunInUAE in 320x256 on my sam460+Radeon4670 without problem with Up4, but you must have in Devs/Monitors the files PCIGraphics and Radeon together, if i miss Radeon when i launch ScreenModePrefs the resolution 320x256 doesn't appear, i've to tell you that i've in either PCIGraphics or Radeon this line: MODE=320x256@60D, i don't know why i've to put both files in monitors drawer to have this specific resolution and the only thing that Radeon has than PCIGraphics is the line BOARDTYPE=RADEON, this line there isn't in either PCIGraphics or SiliconMotion 502 (obviously). Is there anybody can explain that ? Thanks
Where find i PCIGraphics?Can you send me your version to tommysammy@gmx.de ?
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

tommysammy wrote:
SOFISTISOFTWARE wrote:i'm using RunInUAE in 320x256 on my sam460+Radeon4670 without problem with Up4, but you must have in Devs/Monitors the files PCIGraphics and Radeon together, if i miss Radeon when i launch ScreenModePrefs the resolution 320x256 doesn't appear, i've to tell you that i've in either PCIGraphics or Radeon this line: MODE=320x256@60D, i don't know why i've to put both files in monitors drawer to have this specific resolution and the only thing that Radeon has than PCIGraphics is the line BOARDTYPE=RADEON, this line there isn't in either PCIGraphics or SiliconMotion 502 (obviously). Is there anybody can explain that ? Thanks
Where find i PCIGraphics?Can you send me your version to tommysammy@gmx.de ?
If i'm not mistaken PCIGraphics is part of Hans' beta RadeonHD driver, so i'm not sure if "sending it to you" isn't prohibited
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
m3x
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by m3x »

Raziel wrote:If i'm not mistaken PCIGraphics is part of Hans' beta RadeonHD driver, so i'm not sure if "sending it to you" isn't prohibited
PCIGraphics is a standard AOS4.1 Monitor file, no harm to "send it"... Anyway it can be downloaded from there too:

http://www.acube-systems.biz/download/D ... dSetup.lha

(just don't copy the Picasso96Settings file in this case)
Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl - Soft3
mrupp

Post by mrupp »

I can confirm that adding the D in the ToolTypes fixed this problem. I didn't know about that one, either. I haven't any PCIGraphics driver present in Devs/Monitors and apparently it's not needed (in my case, Radeon 9250).

@betatesters: Please report this bug in the bugtracker: since Update 3 the "D" is no more automatically added (or detected) when needed. It's still a bug, although once you know how to solve it, it's no longer a grave one...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out TAWS - The Amiga Workbench Simulation
https://taws.ch
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

I already submitted this as a bug a while before Update 4 came out. I'll amend my entry. :-)
SOFISTISOFTWARE

Post by SOFISTISOFTWARE »

mrupp wrote:I can confirm that adding the D in the ToolTypes fixed this problem. I didn't know about that one, either. I haven't any PCIGraphics driver present in Devs/Monitors and apparently it's not needed (in my case, Radeon 9250).

@betatesters: Please report this bug in the bugtracker: since Update 3 the "D" is no more automatically added (or detected) when needed. It's still a bug, although once you know how to solve it, it's no longer a grave one...
As far as i know the purpose of "PCIGraphics" is permit to have two (or multiple?) graphics card on a single machine, if i put in monitors drawer only "siliconmotion 502" and "PCIGraphics" i can use both RadeonHD and Silicon but i don't understand why the mode 320x256 doesn't appear also with the add of the line MODE=320x256@60D, while if i put "Radeon" with or without PCIGraphics the resolution 320x256 appears in ScreenModePrefs, i hope it's clear now.
Sam 460EX, 2Gb Ram, Radeon R7 250E, OS4.1 FE