Timezone.library bug

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
djrikki

Timezone.library bug

Post by djrikki »

Hello,

The clocks just went back in UK 1 hr, I happened to be using my Amiga at 2am when I was prompted with a choice.

"Do I want to change the battery time, system time or ignore?"

Well duh I want both updated.

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN:

Both the battery time and the system should both be updated silently in the background. I don't even have to be told!
samo79

Re: Timezone.library bug

Post by samo79 »

I just update for the same reason of you (back to 1 hour in Italy aswell) then i decide to save it to the battery, all goes fine here :-)
chris

Post by chris »

djrikki wrote:Hello,

The clocks just went back in UK 1 hr, I happened to be using my Amiga at 2am when I was prompted with a choice.

"Do I want to change the battery time, system time or ignore?"

Well duh I want both updated.

WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN:

Both the battery time and the system should both be updated silently in the background. I don't even have to be told!
In TimeZone Prefs, under Advanced, there is an option "Always set system time" (and a couple of "display requesters" ones too). If you toggle these it should do what you want.

I always thought they didn't work but obviously they only take effect if the Amiga is on at the time of the change, not on the next boot.

The reason asking is the default is because some software can get upset if the time is changed backwards (if you are playing an anim, you might have to wait an hour for the next frame, for example)
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Ah well if thats the case then the Default Settings in Prefs need changing in a future AmigaOS install.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

djrikki wrote:Ah well if thats the case then the Default Settings in Prefs need changing in a future AmigaOS install.
No they don't, since as Chris wrote:
The reason asking is the default is because some software can get upset if the time is changed backwards (if you are playing an anim, you might have to wait an hour for the next frame, for example)
Best regards,

Niels