FS-UAE (PPC) with OS 4.1

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Roland

FS-UAE (PPC) with OS 4.1

Post by Roland »

Sorry to disturb again with a stupid question...

Has anyone here been able tro run succesfully FS-UAE (any _PPC_ version) with AmigaOS 4.1? If you have, could you please list here the config file you are using?

I have tested both 2.62 (Ubuntu) and 3.02/3.03 (Fienix) with 'OS4.1 update 2' cd image and a 4.1.6 installation, but cannot get it running (just black screen). I have applied the advice found in EAE: just select the correct machine type (A4000/PPC/OS4.1) and an OS 4.1 volume, all other settings left to 'auto/default'. I also have the necessary cyberstormppc.rom and A4000 rom(s) in Kickstart drawer.

PS. With OS 3.x there are no problems!
- Roland -
Roland

Re: FS-UAE (PPC) with OS 4.1

Post by Roland »

It seems that the Win, Mac And 386-Linux need a special Qemu plugin for PPC emulation with FS-UAE. There is no such for PPC-Linux on FS-UAE site. Does that mean it is not needed (as would be logical), or that no one just has not ported it?
- Roland -
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Roland,

Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about compiling the QEMU-UAE plugin.

Please look in the following thread: UAE.

Thanks,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Roland

Post by Roland »

xeno74 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:26 am Unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about compiling the QEMU-UAE plugin.

Please look in the following thread: UAE.
No problem, this was just a curiosity... I Would have liked to test the OS4.1 emulation but do not have now at hands any other machine capable to run FS-UAE (An Intel-portable with 1 GB RAM is not able to run it - out of memory, even if there is 2 GB SWAP disk available).
- Roland -