VPN programs for PPC Linux

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Roland

Re: VPN programs for PPC Linux

Post by Roland »

I have now been trying to configure OpenVPN to use Freevpn servers (https://freevpn.co.uk/accounts/), but without success. No connection is formed. Obviously I cannot input the right data in right place. Where should I put those certificates (.ovpn)...? And which of them should be input in OpenVPN prefs? There are four of them, corresponding TCP 80, 443 and UDP 53, 4000 (see below). Could someone please give me some advice......?

This is the data available from that site above:
FreeVPN.co.uk – Server #6 – Germany

FreeVPN.co.uk - Server 6
PPTP

IP: server6.freevpn.co.uk
Username: freevpn.co.uk
Password: PjwRgF22XbJm

L2TP/IPSec (PSK)

IP: server6.freevpn.co.uk
Shared Secret (PSK): freevpn.co.uk

OpenVPN

Updated January 2020. Download new certificate bundle below and the latest version of OpenVPN client software for your device.

TCP 80, 443
UDP 53, 40000
Unlimited Bandwidth
Torrents Allowed
No Logging
- Roland -
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Did you try to "Import a saved VPN configuration" and then select the file you want? You probably want to use TCP80.
Roland

Post by Roland »

caseycullen wrote:Did you try to "Import a saved VPN configuration" and then select the file you want? You probably want to use TCP80.
Yes, thanks, that way I got it finally working! It was also necessary that the kernel modules were present (I do not always remember to copy them when testing a new kernel version). And the TUN/TIP problem was indeed due to lack of LZ0 compression as you suggested. But not all FreeVPM servers use it, it has to be 'off' for some of them.

The only problem now is 'spoofing'... I was assuming that FreeVPN servers would spoof the country they are assigned to. But it seems not to be so... I wonder if the advanced settings has some solution for that? Spoofing it is the only reason I need VPN.
- Roland -