X5000 usb

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Tijatjj

X5000 usb

Post by Tijatjj »

Bought an 8 gig usb from Amiga On The Lake fat 32 format
Plug it in shows it on quick window but not on screen this was to put Linux install in
Also do you have to repartition HD’s for install and reformat part of HD’s
Thank you
Skateman

Re: X5000 usb

Post by Skateman »

I would start at this thread!

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =58&t=3776

I have a seperate PCIe sata controller with a 250GB SSD drive for the linux install so i dont have to use my Amiga OS4 HDD.
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

I don’t know but usb reset says it’s there but on Amiga side no icon
Install for enhancer 1.4 was that supposed to fix the Ethernet Thank you
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

So can you put the image on a dvd and boot from that like when we hit return and you get the options for which os
Hit enter for Linux and it brings up page that says Linux . We have a drawer underneath the workbench and the
Work drawers /partition on the Amiga side that says Linux os ppc we just unpacked everything to it . Could I just copy that to the dvd and boot it on the Linux os option or do I have to repartition the HD to make room for it first .
And of course what type of file system.there seems to be no type of info on this .the guy
At Amiga On The Lake did a YouTube install for Amiga and there’s one for morph os on you tube
But nothing for Linux thank you there is a link on a-eon site after you log in because I bought a couple ofthings but when u
Click the link to for instructions to install Linux it brings me to a blank page
On my amisphere account?
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

Tijatjj wrote:I don’t know but usb reset says it’s there but on Amiga side no icon
Install for enhancer 1.4 was that supposed to fix the Ethernet Thank you
The new enhancer software includes a driver for the Onboard NIC of the X5000 mainboard. For linux you will still need a seperate NIC. Usb to lan, Wifi or the card that came with your X5000 should work within linux.
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Skateman

Post by Skateman »

Tijatjj wrote:So can you put the image on a dvd and boot from that like when we hit return and you get the options for which os
Hit enter for Linux and it brings up page that says Linux . We have a drawer underneath the workbench and the
Work drawers /partition on the Amiga side that says Linux os ppc we just unpacked everything to it . Could I just copy that to the dvd and boot it on the Linux os option or do I have to repartition the HD to make room for it first .
And of course what type of file system.there seems to be no type of info on this .the guy
At Amiga On The Lake did a YouTube install for Amiga and there’s one for morph os on you tube
But nothing for Linux thank you there is a link on a-eon site after you log in because I bought a couple ofthings but when u
Click the link to for instructions to install Linux it brings me to a blank page
On my amisphere account?
I have used the USB installer as mentioned in the thread above by Specte.

U can also run from UBS without installing.
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Ok thank you just new is the main problem
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Ok so what type of usb and size maybe that’s it.Driver for Ethernet is there but not working tried the auto install nothing only steady green light on etyport 0 /1.
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Ok so Amiga on the lakes usb not recognized on Amiga so got a verbatim one that showed right up onto next part of Linux install files downloaded unpacked to usb .