Bad time picture

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
kilaueabart

Bad time picture

Post by kilaueabart »

Can anyone see what is wrong with this picture (or rather, guess what makes it so)?
timeproblem.jpg
I had just hard rebooted, at 2414 (2:14 pm) on December 25th before the screen shot.

Perhaps I should add that the problem may have arisen only after I installed Ubuntu on my X5000.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Bad time picture

Post by tonyw »

I think you are posting to the wrong forum. This forum does not support A-Eon's Enhancer components, only OS4 originals.

You should contact one of the A-Eon fora (if they exist).
cheers
tony
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

@kilaueabart

You got an error in oyur network startup, missing the SERVER switch:

date SERVER 0.oceania.pool.ntp.org >NIL:

always try the commands in a shell first before NULling the ouput, saves a lot of tears ;-)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

Raziel wrote:@kilaueabart

You got an error in oyur network startup, missing the SERVER switch:

date SERVER 0.oceania.pool.ntp.org >NIL:
I can't believe I left that out! Very discouraging. A definite improvement. Now my clock is only seven hours ahead of real time, and the right day shows on the calendar.
always try the commands in a shell first before NULling the ouput, saves a lot of tears ;-)
Well, I didn't start using Amigas exclusively until 1985, so naturally I hadn't caught on yet that one could do that. :oops:
Last edited by kilaueabart on Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

tonyw wrote:I think you are posting to the wrong forum. This forum does not support A-Eon's Enhancer components, only OS4 originals.

I had no idea this was part of the Enhancer package, although I had noticed that it was missing some elements. I just assumed it was an "upgraded" part of Final Edition. I imagine the OS4 original has been snuffed out, but I might be able to find it on a disk here someplace.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

kilaueabart wrote:
tonyw wrote:I think you are posting to the wrong forum. This forum does not support A-Eon's Enhancer components, only OS4 originals.

I had no idea this was part of the Enhancer package, although I had noticed that it was missing some elements. I just assumed it was an "upgraded" part of Final Edition. I imagine the OS4 original has been snuffed out, but I might be able to find it on a disk here someplace.
We all thought that, until that "other" company started to "worseimprove" parts of the OS introducing new bugs and (as of yet) let users alone with them (unless you pay for the fix ... in an upcoming update ... nice company model, if you think about it).
Hyperion can't do anything about it.
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
xenic

Post by xenic »

Raziel wrote:
kilaueabart wrote:

We all thought that, until that "other" company started to "worseimprove" parts of the OS introducing new bugs and (as of yet) let users alone with them (unless you pay for the fix ... in an upcoming update ... nice company model, if you think about it).
Hyperion can't do anything about it.
I think the X5000 retailers should just install OS4.x and let the users decide if they want to install enhancer stuff. I don't use everything in the enhancer package so the first thing I had to do when I got my X5000 was to reinstall OS4.x and then install only the enhancer items I wanted. I'm more interrested in bug-free operation than eye-candy.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

xenic wrote: I think the X5000 retailers should just install OS4.x and let the users decide if they want to install enhancer stuff. I don't use everything in the enhancer package so the first thing I had to do when I got my X5000 was to reinstall OS4.x and then install only the enhancer items I wanted. I'm more interrested in bug-free operation than eye-candy.
I can relate to that.
It would also be nice to still have the possibilty to *buy* "important" parts out of the Enhancer alone, instead of buying the whole package over and over again (and not using 90% of it anyway).

e.g. nothing is more important (for me) than an updated gfx driver...i'd happily get that...solely, for a reasonable price, without having to pay for yet another package of updated unimpressionables.
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Eroom

Post by Eroom »

Wasnt going to post this because it adds nothing to the op question but I bought the original Enhancer package and since then there have been three updates, which have all been free through amistore. Are some people paying for each update ?.
trixie

Post by trixie »

@Raziel
It would also be nice to still have the possibilty to *buy* "important" parts out of the Enhancer alone, instead of buying the whole package
This has actually been suggested on A-EON's mailing list but they currently seem to prefer selling it as one package.
nothing is more important (for me) than an updated gfx driver...i'd happily get that...solely, for a reasonable price
I, too, think that the graphic drivers and the Enhancer tools should be sold separately (in fact, as part of a wider software product portfolio) but what do I know about business and marketing.

@eroom
since then there have been three updates, which have all been free through amistore. Are some people paying for each update?
The three updates were free and the next one is going to be paid for (I've already paid for mine). It's a way of getting some funds to keep the development costs down.
The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition