Various bugs in AmigaOS 4.1 Final

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
tommysammy

Re: Various bugs in AmigaOS 4.1 Final

Post by tommysammy »

samo79 wrote:
tommysammy wrote:Autoinfo have problems with Appicons, sometimes with normal icons (drawer, Harddisk etc) I have created a bug report a few weeks ago
Ok so all bugs in this thread seems now reported ... ehm as you are here can you check also those: http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =14&t=2813
Eventually best solution might be opening a new ticket for each apps involved, just to avoid confusion.
I have to check it at weekend
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
klesterjr

Post by klesterjr »

tommysammy wrote:
tommysammy wrote:
Can you add a BZ that ASyncWB will no long copy bare icons anymore. I reported that bug in Oct 2013 and 2 versions later it's still not fixed. You can confirm the bug by trying to drag SYS:System/Shell to ram: window or another partition window. I've been able to drag bare icons on an Amiga for 26 years and there is no reason why I should still be able to do so in OS4.
That is fixed
Really? Doesn't work here.
AmigaOne X5000 -- 5020/8gb, Radeon RX560 & X1950Pro, OS4, MOS, & Linux
AmigaOne A1222 -- 2gb, Radeon 6450, OS4 & Linux
Amiga 3000 -- 2mb chip/16mb fast, BFG9060 (rev6 68060 & 128mb), Picasso 4, Re-A4091, X-Surf 100
tommysammy

Post by tommysammy »

klesterjr wrote:
tommysammy wrote:
tommysammy wrote:
Can you add a BZ that ASyncWB will no long copy bare icons anymore. I reported that bug in Oct 2013 and 2 versions later it's still not fixed. You can confirm the bug by trying to drag SYS:System/Shell to ram: window or another partition window. I've been able to drag bare icons on an Amiga for 26 years and there is no reason why I should still be able to do so in OS4.
That is fixed
Really? Doesn't work here.
I have a betasystem ;)
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
xenic

Post by xenic »

nbache wrote:This may come as a shock: <whispering> Not all known bugs are necessarily fixed and released in any given release (of any IT or other tech product)
O.K. I guess FE isn't as final as some of us expected.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Prober
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Prober »

tommysammy wrote:I have a betasystem ;)
Yes, now we all have a betasystem :D
Pegasos II, G4 7447 / 1266MHz, 2048MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9250, HDD 2x360GB, ZIP250 USB, USB floppy, HP LaserJet 1100, Sound Blaster Audigy 2, AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 1
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

The "Final Edition", like any other installable release, is a snapshot of the development continuum. SInce new and modified components are being constantly added to the development base, at any point in time there will be some (or many) compoents that have only been released to betatesters for a day, or a week, or which have question marks hanging over them. We don't release them until we trust them.
cheers
tony
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

xenic wrote:
nbache wrote:This may come as a shock: <whispering> Not all known bugs are necessarily fixed and released in any given release (of any IT or other tech product)
O.K. I guess FE isn't as final as some of us expected.
Thank you for your confidence in the developer/tester team, but we must admit we are only human. The day we (or any other team) manage to ship a release which is completely perfect and bug-free is the day I would really start worrying about the fabric of time and space, and thoroughly question Life, the Universe and Everything.

Greetings, fellow humans!

Niels
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Thank you for your confidence in the developer/tester team, but we must admit we are only human. The day we (or any other team) manage to ship a release which is completely perfect and bug-free is the day I would really start worrying about the fabric of time and space, and thoroughly question Life, the Universe and Everything.
Well no one asked for a perfectly bug free system, but this so called "final" is so unstable and bugged that it's very hard to think it was really betatested, i already reinstalled it twice because first installation gave me tons of problems, it was enough to set manually a 320*240 resolution (for FinalBurn) just to got a long series of problems .. first it show me a Permedia 2 gfx setup instead (wtf i have a Sam440 Flex with only a Radeon card ???) then at reboot it start my workbench at 320*128 instead of 320*240 (and so it freeze at boot)

Workbench usage is also full of problem (crash and freeze in any situation), just try to open a couple of photos directly from a CD and you will see
Those can't be a settings issue as it's tend to freeze also with a perfectly clean system ... compared to this "final" the Update 6 was a dream in term of stability .. i don't complain about, i will wait for an update and no problem, but please don't say that it was tested because that's not :|
samo79

Post by samo79 »

tommysammy wrote:I have to check it at weekend
Ok thank you
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by LyleHaze »

samo79 wrote: Workbench usage is also full of problem (crash and freeze in any situation), just try to open a couple of photos directly from a CD and you will see
Those can't be a settings issue as it's tend to freeze also with a perfectly clean system ...
I am curious as to why your system is giving so many problems that most of us are not having.
I am running a clean install of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition here. I find FInalEdition even more stable that 4.1 update six. Many others have said the same.
I spent a fair part of yesterday afternoon browsing photo CDs from our Wedding, Honeymoon, and most of the family birthdays for the past fourteen years.
All told it was well over a thousand pictures. I didn't have any problem at all.

I hope you can figure out what is making your system act so differently.