AOS4.1FE screen corruption.

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
ddni

AOS4.1FE screen corruption.

Post by ddni »

Hi,

Fresh install of 4.1FE on my X1000. Updated Radeon drivers to 1.2. Enabled compositing in prefs/GUI.
Now get corruption on drawer and program titlebars. The corruption is actually gaps in the titlebar. This means that I can click through the gap and activated the window underneath.

How can I fix this?

tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: AOS4.1FE screen corruption.

Post by tonyw »

I've never seen anything like it before, even in others' screen shots.

The only thing I can think of: do you have two graphics cards plugged into the X-1000? Someone else had problems only when he had two cards plugged in.
cheers
tony
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

tonyw wrote:I've never seen anything like it before, even in others' screen shots.

The only thing I can think of: do you have two graphics cards plugged into the X-1000? Someone else had problems only when he had two cards plugged in.
Thats what Hans said, 2 gfx cards with compositing turned on, a late bug.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
ddni

Post by ddni »

Buggeration! I replaced a great 4.1.6 install with this... I hope s fix is imminent.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I'm sure His Imminents will have this fixed before we celebrate the next Buggeration.
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by LyleHaze »

mechanic wrote:I'm sure His Imminents will have this fixed before we celebrate the next Buggeration.
Len, if you insist on posting jokes like this in the support forums, I'm going to have to request that they add a "like" button.
That was my first good chuckle of the new year. :lol:
ddni

Post by ddni »

lol
I hope his imminents has had a good holiday to recharge his patching power!
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

Hans is not the one responsible for fixing this mishap. Perhaps if he were (being 12 hrs ahead of UTC) the problem would be fixed already.
cheers
tony
ddni

Post by ddni »

LOL.

I am surprised that none of the beta testers had a dual card setup to spot what appears to be an obvious bug.
mbrantley
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by mbrantley »

Thought I would report some observations in the hopes they are helpful.

My present X1000 configuration in my X1000 includes two video cards — a RadeonHD 6850 and an older Radeon 9200. The 9200 PCI card is in a PCIe to PCI-X adapter, yielding me faster PCI slot than the two on the motherboard and thus the best possible Warp3D performance at the moment.

Perhaps unusual is that I have DOpus5 on my HD card almost all the time while Workbench relegated to the slower 9200 card. Resolutions are 1920x1200 for both. Reason Workbench is on 9200 card is that Blender will not launch even on its own screen unless Workbench is on 9200. I suspect this is Warp3d checking compatibility in a boneheaded way, but I could be wrong. Anyway, more and more I am using DOpus over Workbench because of added capabilities.

As mentioned in the similar thread on Amigans, with RadeonHD 2.4 driver and FE, I observed corruption in DOpus titlebars until I turned off compositing effects on that screen. No big deal. Don’t need effects there anyway.

But… am finding problems I cannot overcome now. Even with effects turned off on Workbench itself, there is corruption in graphics of Ace of Hearts when run on RadeonHD. If I run Ace of Hearts on 9200 things are too slow, so that is not an option. Even if I move Workbench to RadeonHD screen, I still get the corruption with Ace or Hearts in fullscreen mode. Also M.A.C.E. crashes on start in any configuration I have tried.

All works fine when booting from my OS 4.1 update 6 system partition.

Anyway, a lot of things work right in a lot of places in the OS and with new and old programs now. But something here has gone awry…. hoping these observations will help the effort to find a fix.

If the services of a tester using dual cards and displays could be of some use, I am happy to help in any way.