Could someone with an X1000 try this? (Now Repeatable)

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
xenic

Re: Could someone with an X1000 try this? (Now Repeatable)

Post by xenic »

@ktadd
It's possible that my tests produced different signs of the problem because I wasn't checking whether the screens I used had compositing on or not.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
ktadd

Post by ktadd »

xenic wrote:@ktadd
It's possible that my tests produced different signs of the problem because I wasn't checking whether the screens I used had compositing on or not.
Turns out the problem is independant of screens or composting. The video I posted (check post #1) was done on the workbench screen and doesn't require screen switching to re-produce. Just dragging on window gadgets with the left mouse button held down.
Kevin - X1000 first contact / uA1
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

ktadd wrote:
xenic wrote:@ktadd
Turns out the problem is independant of screens or composting. The video I posted (check post #1) was done on the workbench screen and doesn't require screen switching to re-produce. Just dragging on window gadgets with the left mouse button held down.
I watched your video & tried to reproduce the problem on beta & the public release, it never failed for me. I even did the multiple tab test on the public release & that never failed.

Doesn't mean the bug doesn't exist, just means you & others have a setting that could be causing the problem.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
xenic

Post by xenic »

@sundown
I just tried it with Odyssey on the Workbench and get the gadget dragging bug. The key part is downloading a text file from OS4Depot with the popup window. Clicking on a link won't produce the probl;em.
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by kas1e »

@all
Tried to reproduce problems, and i just can't drag those gadgets from top-right side of windows. I tried it for first on SilverGreen theme firstly, then on default os4.0 one : when i press left mouse button over any gadget, hold it , and move cursor : nothing drags, cursor just move away and gadget unpressed. Maybe there should be some special settings somewhere to make dragging of those gadgets works ?
xenic

Post by xenic »

@kas1e
I found an even simpler way to reproduce the dragging problem:

1. Open Odyssey for the first time. In the "about" page move the mouse pointer over the http://fabportnawak.free.fr/owb/" link next to the "OWB MorphOS:" label.

2. Right click to bring up the popup menu.

3. Scroll up and down the popup menu without releasing the right mouse button.

4. Move the pointer off of the popup menu and release the right mouse button.

5. Move the mouse pointer to the window close button.

6. Left click on the close button and don't release the mouse button.

7. With the mouse button held down, move the pointer down onto the page (on the about tab).

8. You should see a link being dragged with the mouse pointer.

I can actually right click on any link to bring up the popup menu, move the pointer off of the popup, release the right mouse button and get the dragging bug when I left click on the widow close button and drag the pointer around.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

Still can't get it to fail, you guys must have a pref setting thats causing the problem. Just tried on my sam440 non-beta & no failure.
The public contextmenu has a bug, but can't be that or the sam would fail. If you changed the settings in popupmenu prefs, you can try deleting its prefs file to get it back to default, Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/popupmenu.prefs & ENV:sys/popupmenu.prefs.

Could be Odyeesy, MUI, or the System, you guys need to pin it down more.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
xenic

Post by xenic »

sundown wrote: The public contextmenu has a bug, but can't be that or the sam would fail. If you changed the settings in popupmenu prefs, you can try deleting its prefs file to get it back to default, Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/popupmenu.prefs & ENV:sys/popupmenu.prefs.
I don't think MUI uses the system popup menus. It has it's own popup menu prefs in MUI/Settings/Menus/Popup menus. I did notice that if the MUI Popup menus are changed to "sticky", the drag problem doesn't occur. My MUI Popup menu setting is "automatic". When the MUI popups are set to automatic, I can right click on the "View your posts" link at the top of this forum, move the pointer off of the popup menu, release the right button, left-click and hold down on any window dragbar gadget and drag an object all over the screen. Strange that it doesn't happen for you.
ddni

Post by ddni »

@xenic

I have tried numerous times to reproduce your bug. I cannot make Odyssey crash or the system lock.
I run Odyssey on WB.
X1000 1920x1080 32bit
xenic

Post by xenic »

@ ddni
Apparently there are differences in our systems that is causing a problem for some of us but not others. Since kas1e is working on a newer version of Odyssey, the problem may solve itself when a new version is released. I seldom use the popup menus, so it's an issue that doesn't affect me that much.