X1000 Cell Battery

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Slayer
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: X1000 Cell Battery

Post by Slayer »

That sounds very positive there Steven nicely done!
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
my_pc_is_amiga

Post by my_pc_is_amiga »

I had the X1000 turned off for a few days and when starting up the clock was off by 20 mins (20mins slow) -- can this be related to the coin battery? There was no other issue in booting.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

my_pc_is_amiga wrote:I had the X1000 turned off for a few days and when starting up the clock was off by 20 mins (20mins slow) -- can this be related to the coin battery? There was no other issue in booting.
I would guess the battey keeps the time up to date. You could add a line in network-startup to update the time on each boot,

date server clock.xmission.com

Where "xmission.com" is the time server.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
my_pc_is_amiga

Post by my_pc_is_amiga »

sundown wrote:
my_pc_is_amiga wrote:I had the X1000 turned off for a few days and when starting up the clock was off by 20 mins (20mins slow) -- can this be related to the coin battery? There was no other issue in booting.
I would guess the battey keeps the time up to date. You could add a line in network-startup to update the time on each boot,

Ken
Thanks -- this is good workaround but still wondering what might be causing it....maybe at some point will replace cell battery to see if it is that.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

my_pc_is_amiga wrote:
sundown wrote:

Ken
Thanks -- this is good workaround but still wondering what might be causing it....maybe at some point will replace cell battery to see if it is that.
I was advised to add a second line, setclock save, to cover long term stability.

My clock setting would get hammered at times running other apps, don't know why & can't pin it on the battery yet.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU