MUI 4

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
djrikki

MUI 4

Post by djrikki »

Firstly, not sure if MUI 4 problems are to be reported here on this forum, but can't find a MUI forum or such like so here goes:

http://forums.hollywood-mal.com/viewtop ... f=21&t=822

Issue surrounding Window.SizeGadget, and strange page tab behaviour.
lozspd4

Re: MUI 4

Post by lozspd4 »

Hi
As of yet i dont have any problems with mui4 its works and looks great,The window size gadget works ok on my Sys and the new OWB also.
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Yes in my application the only window with an issue is the AppStore, the rest of the application so far appears to be fine. I guess I would like to know also what is the official means to reaching the developer of MUI? I know Andreas Falkenham tends to report bugs on my behalf to Thore? - but it's always best to report issues directly.
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

djrikki wrote:Firstly, not sure if MUI 4 problems are to be reported here...
That's fine. Although MUI is an independent 3rd party contribution, it does interact closely with the OS and so any bugs you find should be reported here.
ExecSG Team Lead
tboeckel
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tboeckel »

djrikki wrote:Yes in my application the only window with an issue is the AppStore, the rest of the application so far appears to be fine. I guess I would like to know also what is the official means to reaching the developer of MUI? I know Andreas Falkenham tends to report bugs on my behalf to Thore? - but it's always best to report issues directly.
Although I am currently not able to check this issue with any Hollywood application I am quite sure that this issue will be fixed with the next release. There was a bug with the old register class being replaced by the new tabs class which caused the window resizing to be affected.
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

I can confirm that this has been fixed with today's update, although I now seem to have a misbehaviouring String gadget in the bottom-right of this same window.
mlehto

Post by mlehto »

General problem, little one.

I open app in own screen. Resize window. Quit and start again. App remember size of window.

Cold boot and next time app window size is reset to original .

Tested with Odyssey 1.16, can be there allso...
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

mlehto wrote:I open app in own screen. Resize window. Quit and start again. App remember size of window.

Cold boot and next time app window size is reset to original.
Have you checked out the MUI settings, the Windows page, bottom right group? There you can set whether window positions are remembered permanently, until reboot, or not at all. (This was also true in MUI 3.9, BTW).

You can set this (like any other MUI setting) either for the specific application (by calling MUI settings from inside it) or globally (by means of the MUI program in the MUI drawer).

Best regards,

Niels
mlehto

Post by mlehto »

@nbache

Thanks! :)

Im bit rusty...

And newer had registered version of MUI and not touched my MUI settings in aeons in general. I was preparing to register it, but now it is not necessary any more :)
tboeckel
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tboeckel »

mlehto wrote:@nbache

And newer had registered version of MUI and not touched my MUI settings in aeons in general. I was preparing to register it, but now it is not necessary any more :)
Permanently saving the window positions was always possible by selecting "Snapshot" from the window's popup menu, no matter if MUI is registered or not.