Boot speed up and recommendations for X1000 dockies

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Boot speed up and recommendations for X1000 dockies

Post by nbache »

I would guess the docky is right (now). Mine is at present showing: Case 38, CPU 50, Core1 57, Core2 56, and those values in relation to each other make quite good sense to me.

Best regards,

Niels
vox

Post by vox »

Christopher Follett wrote:
Phantom wrote:I use X1kTemp, LED Docky (very handy) and POff without the slightest problem.
Ive heard its not 100% accurate. Can anyone confirm this.
Could there be a replacement dockie or update to it? I ve seen my first warning that temp is over
normal, but since in past people complained on it, should I also ignore it?

I remember there was a option to configure it better, can some one just tell me what to edit?
------------------------------------------
Future MOS user pon SAM460ex
https://www.facebook.com/rasvoja
https://www.youtube.com/user/rasvoja
http://socdevelopment.wordpress.com/
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

vox wrote:
Phantom wrote:I use X1kTemp, LED Docky (very handy) and POff without the slightest problem.
Could there be a replacement dockie or update to it? I ve seen my first warning that temp is over

I remember there was a option to configure it better, can some one just tell me what to edit?
A good start would be the dockies readme...everything is covered there
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
danbeaver

Post by danbeaver »

The Temp Docky can be adjusted via its Icon info ( [A}-I ) and click the "Icon" tab; then comment out using "()" things you don't care about, and use the settings you wish; for "WARN" most folks seem to use 60 or 70 degrees C for the core -- although as a military spec CPU it can run safely at 105C as per the forums. As to whether it should be a permanent part of OS 4.1 install for the X1000, is not my area of expertise; the Amiga OS is all about options rather than defaults IMHO.
vox

Post by vox »

danbeaver wrote:The Temp Docky can be adjusted via its Icon info ( [A}-I ) and click the "Icon" tab; then comment out using "()" things you don't care about, and use the settings you wish; for "WARN" most folks seem to use 60 or 70 degrees C for the core -- although as a military spec CPU it can run safely at 105C as per the forums. As to whether it should be a permanent part of OS 4.1 install for the X1000, is not my area of expertise; the Amiga OS is all about options rather than defaults IMHO.
Thanks, yes reading readme files will be a job for every AmigaOS package :-) Important things (Missing planet we have ... Yoda :-)

Well, most needed things should either go default or be included in EXTRAS.

Lets say "it should be offered in EXTRAS" :-)
abalaban
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by abalaban »

Hi, Chris,
I've got my information directly from Trevor who got them from Varisys engineers. So I expect them to be quite accurate ;) Being tagged as an AmigaKit representative I would expect you to check your information before spreading them around on forum. No harm but anyway that's not very fair...
vox wrote: Could there be a replacement dockie or update to it? I ve seen my first warning that temp is over

Hi Vox,

I'm just exiting a work intensive period which prevented me from doing any serious Amiga project. I'll resume as soon as possible all my projects, but in less than one month there will be the biggest French Amiga show and I have some things to prepare so don't hold your breath too much. Anyway what are you expecting me to update? Did you solve all your configuration problems?
AmigaOne X1000 running AOS 4 beta
AmigaOne XE/G4
Amiga 1200/PPC 603e + BVision PPC
vox

Post by vox »

abalaban wrote:
Hi Vox,

I'm just exiting a work intensive period which prevented me from doing any serious Amiga project. I'll resume as soon as possible all my projects, but in less than one month there will be the biggest French Amiga show and I have some things to prepare so don't hold your breath too much. Anyway what are you expecting me to update? Did you solve all your configuration problems?
Well, I removed Temp Docky.

Nice, well if its not accurante X1kTemp Docky could be updated, or replaced by more accurate dockie :-)
abalaban
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by abalaban »

@vox

X1kTempDocky is just querying the temperatures from the embedded hardware, so I can't see where it can be inaccurate: it just display the temperatures given by the hardware sensors. At most what I can acknowledge is a small precision error when displaying temperature using the Fahrenheit scale because I'm doing the conversion myself (using the standard formula) but that's all I can see.
AmigaOne XE/G4
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

@abalaban

Not quite high on your list i believe, but it would be nice if the docky could be a little more configurable, like in the way of having all temperatures displayed in a row horizontally, or two by two.

The temperature displayed without the colors.
The display font color changable.

The possibilities to write the temps into an env var and display it in the top bar as option.

The four in a row makes a nice square docky, but it just doesnt fit anywhere in my personal docks (until i reduce the font size wich makes the temps uneadable small).

I think the docky is a great addition and elementary for an X user.

Thanks a lot for it
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
abalaban
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by abalaban »

@raziel

The current dev version already allows to select which sensors you are interested in seeing displayed, it will also allow to deactivate the critical temperature monitoring (in the current version you should already be able to deactivate the automatic shutdown by setting a dummy command into CRITICAL_CMD tooltype).
IIRC the current public version already allows to store temperatures in envvars, and to choose another font size and color.

Being able to change layout of the display (i.e. choose 4 in a row, two rows x two cols or 4 in a col (like it is now)) is not currently investigated. I'm not sure I'll investigate into this (or maybe just the ability to have it displayed horizontally or vertically).
AmigaOne XE/G4