Still have graphics corruption with new Radeon Driver

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
xenic

Still have graphics corruption with new Radeon Driver

Post by xenic »

When I first received my X1000, I reported minor graphics corruption with my HD5450 graphics card. I was told that Hans had solved the problem and that the new driver was in beta testing. I was advised to wait for the update before buying a different graphics card. At Amigans.net I saw that a new driver was available at A-EON's WEB site and that the driver would be released as v1. I D/L the new driver and it doesn't fix my graphics glitches. Am I correct in assuming that I will need to replace the graphics card to get rid of the graphics glitches?

Here are some of the problems I reported initially and still exist with the new driver:

1. On the "Early Startup Control" screen at the bottom of the "Select Boot Drive Lister", the up and down arrows are always missing or replaced with a rectangular block of blue. I've never seen this on my other OS4 hardware.

2. The PPaint screen has colored spots left in the paint area when I move the pointer around without pressing any buttons. This doesn't occur on my SAM or uA1.

3. In the Dopus4 configuration window on the System/Clocks page, the "Clock/Memory bar ..." checkmark blocks have small blue horizontal bars which shouldn't be there. As with the other problems, they don't occur on my SAM or uA1.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Re: Still have graphics corruption with new Radeon Driver

Post by trevordick »

I don't have these problems with the new RadeonHD driver with my HD5450. Did you also download and install the RadeonHD.chip file?

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
zappa2009

Post by zappa2009 »

@xenic check the Version of your RadeonHD.chip in Sys:Kickstart.

I have only updated the RadeonHD.Chip to v0.55 and let the PCIgraphics.card unchanged (Version is the same as my aktuall).

My Glitches are gone with the new 0.55er Version.
X1000 RadeonHD5450 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2-PC2-8500 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-5-15 OS4.1.6 & Lubuntu13.04/mintppc11 with Kernel 3.8.7/3.9
cha05e90

Post by cha05e90 »

xenic wrote: 2. The PPaint screen has colored spots left in the paint area when I move the pointer around without pressing any buttons. This doesn't occur on my SAM or uA1.
I can at least confirm this one, but another graphics card: Sapphire 6570.
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
xenic

Post by xenic »

trevordick wrote:I don't have these problems with the new RadeonHD driver with my HD5450. Did you also download and install the RadeonHD.chip file?
Trevor
Yes. I'm now using RadeonHD.chip v 0.55 which I downloaded yesterday. There does seem to be an inconsistant improvement in my Dopus4 screen. Sometimes the lister arrows look fine and sometimes they look semi-ghosted. If my initial Dopus4 screen opens without glitches then any subsequent opening of other Dopus4 screens (multiple Dopus4 programs) also open without the glitches. PPaint still has trails of color when moving the pointer. In light of the fact that you don't have problems and zappa2009's glitches were fixed by the new RadeonHD.chip, I should probably contact AmiKit and see if I can exchange my graphics card.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

Hi xenic,
I had glitches too on 5450.

For test I replug my HD5450 with the new RadeonHD driver and now all works.
SysMon reports me well the 0.55 level driver.

DOpus, TuneNet and AmiPDF are OK now (even after multiples restart).

http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/X1000/zzd10h_HD5450_OK.jpg

I will replug my 6670 but
congratulations Hans (and A-Eon) !
http://apps.amistore.net/zTools
X1000 - AmigaOS 4.1.6 / 4.1 FE