An issue with X1000 and USB

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
MagicSN
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

An issue with X1000 and USB

Post by MagicSN »

Hello!

I have a little issue with my X1000 which is really not that BIG an issue, but I thought I mention it.

When I switch on my X1000 it does not react to any key presses. I have to plug off the keyboard/mouse and then plug it in again (then the X1000 recognizes it). Now I can use the mouse/keyboard. If I reboot (and here I mean a hard reboot, down to the firmware) my X1000 I have to do the same again.

Up to now I just always did this (after all how often do you need to boot an Amiga, it is a very stable system). Still, would be great to have this fixed.
Possible though that I just need a firmware upgrade.

If any more data is needed on my question, please contact me.

Steffen Haeuser
xenic

Re: An issue with X1000 and USB

Post by xenic »

@MagicSN
I don't have that problem with my X1000. I think that somewhere in the docs it states that mouse/keyboard should be plugged directly into USB ports and not through a USB hub. It also says the keyboard must be plugged into the first USB port on the back of the X1000. Do you have your mouse/keyboard plugged in that way?
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

The keyboard must be in the upper left USB port, looking from the back & close to the audio ports, the mouse will work in any USB port.

I use a kvm with 1 USB connector that I plug in there & it works fine. Easy to test, just plug the kb & mouse in separately to verify they work, then add any kvm/hub to see if it causes a problem.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
MagicSN
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by MagicSN »

I am using the frontal USB ports (not the one on the backside of the case !!!!), using the left one for the keyboard. I do NOT use any USB Hub, I directly plug in the keyboard/mouse.

As I said, it is not a huge issue, but of course it would be great if the issue disappeared ;-)
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

The problem WILL disappear if you plug the keyboard in the specified port.

Simon
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

As I said, it is not a huge issue, but of course it would be great if the issue disappeared ;-)
If it requires a change to CFE, & I think it does, it won't happen any time soon, if ever.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

MagicSN wrote:I am using the frontal USB ports (not the one on the backside of the case !!!!), using the left one for the keyboard. I do NOT use any USB Hub, I directly plug in the keyboard/mouse.

Please connect your keyboard to the port specified in the Quick start guide. Thanks.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'