System is freezing

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Joeled

Re: System is freezing

Post by Joeled »

Freezing issue is back. Been trying different things but without any luck. I m testing Hyperions quake2 and let it play by itself until it freezes. It normally takes 4-6 hours. I m using radeon 4650 and resolution 1680*1050. Is the card overheating? Is radeonhd driver buggy(bought it from aeon)? Am i using to high resolution? Is my motherboard faulty?

When i dont get a crashlog there isnt that much to show.
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

nbache wrote:
Christopher Follett wrote:
ChrisH wrote:* sambamounter - I couldn't find this, where is it from?
OS4Depot.

Have to be fair, since update 5 Samba and samba mounter dont work right, :(.
If you mean SMBMounter (not SambaMounter), then I disagree. I am using it on all my test machines in order to access our NAS, and it is the first thing I set up after installing every Update 5 release candidate. It has worked without problems on all RCs of Update 5 for me, including the final release version.

I do use static IP addresses in my LAN, though.

Best regards,

Niels
Same here, but with update 5, it has stopped functioning correctly, it connects to one drive then does nothing.
It also goes nuts on boot as I have it in the WBStartup (never had an issue before).

Think we are dragging this off topic, sorry OP.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

You need to try to eliminate potetntial software issues and then hardware if the problems keeps up.
Start by testing without Exlcalibur and SabreMSN and if the problems continues still then diable sam460ex_setup.
Joeled wrote:Freezing issue is back. Been trying different things but without any luck. I m testing Hyperions quake2 and let it play by itself until it freezes. It normally takes 4-6 hours. I m using radeon 4650 and resolution 1680*1050. Is the card overheating? Is radeonhd driver buggy(bought it from aeon)? Am i using to high resolution? Is my motherboard faulty?

When i dont get a crashlog there isnt that much to show.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

You need to try to eliminate potetntial software issues and then hardware if the problems keeps up.
Start by testing without Exlcalibur and SabreMSN and if the problems continues still then diable sam460ex_setup.
I have reinstalled AOS4.1.5. I dont use excalibur and sam460ex_setup. I have installed sabremsn but i dont start it when i get the problem. The only thing i did was installed the new driver from AEON. In my monitor drawer there is a radeonhd driver and something named pciexpress(not sure abt the name). I wanted to try the integrated graphiccard but when i move the driver from storage to devs/monitor and remove radeonhd and the other driver i just get stuck att loading kickstart. I switched from pci-e to integrated in u-boot.
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

Read this thread or my summary below about PCIGraphics.card and Sam46oex or Amigaone 500 machines and the internal graphics card.

http://forum.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... =17&t=1237

Re: OS4.1 Update 5.

Postby Spectre660 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:58 pm
It has been confirmed to me by Acube that this is the situation at the moment. You have to use the PCIGraphics.card file from Update 4.

acmn wrote:Niels.

So, it seems that I can not use new PCIGraphics.card file in my AO500 which
has onboard graphics. Can you comment on that...

Joeled wrote:
I have reinstalled AOS4.1.5. I dont use excalibur and sam460ex_setup. I have installed sabremsn but i dont start it when i get the problem. The only thing i did was installed the new driver from AEON. In my monitor drawer there is a radeonhd driver and something named pciexpress(not sure abt the name). I wanted to try the integrated graphiccard but when i move the driver from storage to devs/monitor and remove radeonhd and the other driver i just get stuck att loading kickstart. I switched from pci-e to integrated in u-boot.
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

@spectre660
But i have a radeon 4650 card so i dont need PCIGraphics. So i should only have radeonhd driver in my dev/montitor drawer? Shouldnt the driver be named radeonhd 4650? Now its just named radeonhd.
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

if you want to use the onboard graphics then you need to have the update 4 PCIgraphics.card file in Sys:Kickstart and have the PCIGraphics monitor filer in Devs:Monitors.The radeon driver can be named radeon. The important thing is that the CMPLENTH in the Icon tool types matches the length of name you give the Monitor file. 6 in the case of radeon or 8 in you rename it to radeonhd.
You should be able to have both Files in the Devs:Monitors.
Joeled wrote:@spectre660
But i have a radeon 4650 card so i dont need PCIGraphics. So i should only have radeonhd driver in my dev/montitor drawer? Shouldnt the driver be named radeonhd 4650? Now its just named radeonhd.
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

The important thing is that the CMPLENTH in the Icon tool types matches the length of name you give the Monitor file. 6 in the case of radeon or 8 in you rename it to radeonhd.
I checked it and its correct. Will try a usb and keyboard with cable now and see if its working better than the cordless one.
Joeled

Post by Joeled »

I bought another card Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI-E. Do i need to reinstall the graphic driver or can i just switch the card and reboot?
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

You can just switch the card. Yo may want to set the Screenmode prefs resolution to 1024x768 before you switch in case the new card wont display ah higher resolutions. Then once you get the initial display set the resolution back to what you had before.
Joeled wrote:I bought another card Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI-E. Do i need to reinstall the graphic driver or can i just switch the card and reboot?