A-EON Website registration

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

A-EON Website registration

Post by trevordick »

This is a note to all "First Contact" owners not to forget to register on the A-EON Technology website. This will provide you access to the latest documentation and new RadeonHD driver updates when they become available.

Registration link: http://www.a-eon.com/?page=register

Once you register you will receive an email from the A-EON webmaster with your user name and password. Please note this may take a couple of days (or more) to come through.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
mechanic

Re: A-EON Website registration

Post by mechanic »

Trevor,

For the 'First Contact' systems;

The serial # on NEMO sticker?
The model # on the case sticker (CX.....)?

When do you sleep?

Thanks.
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

Serial number on Nemo board.
Sleep? What's that? ;-)

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
Epsilon
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Epsilon »

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for this post! I just realised the firmware updates, etc, were on the A-Eon site already and I can't download them! So, I have submitted my details on friday 14/7 for registration on A-eon's website...

Hmmm, three separate logins to three separate websites to download update files and get support for the X1000 - support.amigaos.net, A-eon and Hyperion-entertainment.biz.

Perhaps there may be some scope to streamline this in the future to simplify things and have everything in one place...or failing that perhaps pre-registering new X1000 owners at all three sites while assembling and shipping their systems to them might be the way to go - you would have their email address and name from AmigaKit anyway presumably. One email with all the logins to the new X1000 owner would be a nice touch and get them up and running for their support and downloads quickly. Just a thought!

Catcha,
Epsilon
Last edited by Epsilon on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

Epsilon wrote:Hi Trevor,

Thanks for this post! I just realised the firmware updates, etc, were on the A-Eon site already and I can't download them! So, I have submitted my details on friday 14/7 for registration on A-eon's website...

Hmmm, three separate logins to three separate websites to download update files and get support for the X1000 - support.amigaos.net, A-eon and Hyperion-entertainment.biz.

Perhaps there may be some scope to streamline this in the future to simplify things and have everything in one place...or failing that perhaps pre-registering new X1000 owners at all three sites while assembling and shipping their systems to them might be the way to go - you would have their email address and name from AmigaKit anyway presumably. One email with all the logins to the new X1000 owner would be a nice touch and get them up and running for their support and downloads quickly. Just a thought!

Catcha,
Steven
Thanks Steve,.

Two of the websites (this one and Hyperion Entertainment) belong to Hyperion and they obviously want to keep product registration and the message boards separate.

The A-EON registration is for support which is only available from A-EON.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
Epsilon
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Epsilon »

Hi Trevor,

No worries. Make sense.

Ooops! Sooner or later I was going to type the wrong signature....

Catcha,
Epsilon
AmigaNG

Post by AmigaNG »

hello, i got an email with my username and password but they dont seem to work. Do I need to registrate again? Thanks for the help.
aka Vincent Perkins
2012 - the year I got a new Amiga and the world ended.....a good year.
mbrantley
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by mbrantley »

AmigaNG wrote:hello, i got an email with my username and password but they dont seem to work. Do I need to registrate again? Thanks for the help.
aka Vincent Perkins
For whatever reason it can be difficult to log in at the A-Eon site even with the correct username and password. I tried multiple browsers and operating systems even, typing the info in, pasting it in, etc. until I finally got in and downloaded everything I thought I needed in one session. A few days later I realized I needed the firmware upgrade and it was also a challenge to get in but eventually some combination worked again.

I'm sorry -- I should have made notes of what exactly worked so I can get back in again the next time. Seems like clicking on the link from the email might work best instead of going directly to the site and trying to log in from there. But I'm not certain of that.

Good luck... and don't give up. A-Eon is just trying to keep things lively. Haha. ;-)
musa

Post by musa »

Hi
I also have problems, but mine is that I getting any password or user name after my registry. Is it possible that the problem is in the registration module on the page? This kind is not uncommon. Hope it gets resolved as I also need to upgrade to the new firmware.
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hi,

I requested a username and password via the A-Eon site a week ago, but I haven't heard anything since. I was just wondering if there might have been a problem somewhere.

Thanks
AmigaOne XE-G4 @933Mhz / 1 GB Ram / Radeon 9000 128 MB / AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOne X1000 First Contact / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 4650 1 GB / M-Audio Revo 5.1 / AmigaOS 4.1