Maximising windows

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Sam

Maximising windows

Post by Sam »

One feature I immediately miss from Windows is the ability to double click in a window title bar and maximise the window to full screen or return to previous size the program clicked on. Is there a commodity that can give me this feature back? Tried looking on OS4 depot but cannot see anything - obviously not looking hard enough as there must be something. Thanks.
ZeroG

Re: Maximising windows

Post by ZeroG »

Hold Shift and click on the zoom gadget...
...and have a look at SYS:Documentation/Intuition/NewControls for more usefull things.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Ace! :-)

Thanks ZeroG.

I wonder just how many other things I'm missing? Getting there...
hotrod

Post by hotrod »

Sam wrote:Ace! :-)

Thanks ZeroG.

Hold down CTRL+ALT to change the size of the window from all sides/corners, hold down shift while screen-draging to move the screen in any direction like a window, press down the right mouse button to make any action you do go to its previous state, like you're moving a window and change your mind you can just click the right mouse-button and it will jump back to where it was. Works for screen-draging, window sizing as well.

Just a few things that I love about AOS 4.x and I thought that I'd mention them to get you kick-started in case you didn't know about them.
BillEaves
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by BillEaves »

Sam wrote:Ace! :-)
Hold down an Alt key when using the RMB if you want to use the Workbench menus rather than the Context Menus.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Hold down Ctrl + Amiga, and you can move a window with the mouse from any point in the window, not just from the title bar.

Best regards,

Niels
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Err...i picked one that has been already said :-)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
chris

Post by chris »

Hold LAmiga and click the close gadget to close all WB directory windows.
BillEaves
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by BillEaves »

chris wrote:Hold LAmiga and click the close gadget to close all WB directory windows.
I was going to say that doesn't work at all for me. But if you change LAmiga to RAmiga it does !
hotrod

Post by hotrod »

BillEaves wrote:
chris wrote:Hold LAmiga and click the close gadget to close all WB directory windows.
I was going to say that doesn't work at all for me. But if you change LAmiga to RAmiga it does !
Then you might just as well add that if you hold down RAmiga while clicking on icon it will close the previous window. This is using the default settings.

Are there any docs for this by the way? "WBHelp" maybe? I get some danish version for some reason but in prefs/locale I've choosen Swedish as my number one option and after that "english" and last "english-british". So why doesn't it choose english if a swedish version isn't available?

EDIT: Oh I see that someone obviously thought that you would understand that if you're from Sweden? Wouldn't it be better to strictly follow the options in prefs/locale?