Fienix

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Tijatjj

Fienix

Post by Tijatjj »

Not sure if I got this right. Just put it in whole drive is that correct thanks
xeno74

Re: Fienix

Post by xeno74 »

Tijatjj wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:12 pm Not sure if I got this right. Just put it in whole drive is that correct thanks
It depends on which disk image you have used.

Fienix Installer - CUB: here
Fienix "noboot" - image without boot partition here
Last edited by xeno74 on Sat Aug 05, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Using cub but I did not partition ssd. It’s only a 120 as this is the smallest u can get nowadays thanks
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Basically is says sda= 111.8gig
Sda1-128M
Sda2-14.5gig
Sdb-14.5gig
Sdb1-128M
Sdb2-11.1gig
Sro-1024m
Mmcblk0-29.7
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Thank you finally. Two more things left . 1 - change password.2-can u put boot command in boot block, thank you
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

That reminds me. The CUB installer wants to use a whole HDD. But the live image doesn't appear to have any installer.

Does the CUB installer have any options?

I'm lost as to how to install this on this on the HDD. Yes I can image it onto a partition. But was hoping to use an installer like included in CUB to set it up.
Last edited by Hypex on Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Hi, I know nothing about this or Linux.I can only say IT works as stated. Placed on usb , bought a western digital ssd, did nothing to it except plug it in.then booted to usb , gives drop down menu where to install and that was it. I saw some hd activity light on several times and then it would just blink.so I just shut it down and rebooted with the sata commands , but used fat load 1:1 not 0:1 and IT worked. It is a 120 gig ssd.I have found Skateman and several others who were very helpful in these issues.I had for several years tried but could never successfully get it working on an ssd. In light of that I made a small donation for the project.Thanfully God grace even covers fools like myself with these things.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

Well sir. I actually tried imaging it to an SSD. I had a 480GB SSD sitting in a USB3 cradle unused. So thought it would be good to test for speed. Since even USB2 can gain speed from a USB3 device.

At first I copied the CUB image to it. But had to locate another ramdisk as it was missing. Mind you this was on my X1000. Ended up booting kernel off my HDD as it too slow from USB in CFE. Once booted it all worked fine except was a bit slow before the GPU fix up.

I checked the installer included and it wanted to use the whole disk. I have only one HDD and it has OS4 plus Linux volumes every where. I don't tend to dedicate a whole disk to an OS like Linux but maybe I'm in a minority here. So then I tried the live image but ended writing it over the top. (The SSD, not my HDD) Could have just created a new partition to have both. So right now I have a Fienix live SSD on external disk. Can even install to it. Not really practical so will need copy it to my HDD eventually.