I'm lost

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Skateman

Re: I'm lost

Post by Skateman »

Hi,

You are correct regarding fatload, You have your kernel now running from the MMC card and not from USB stick like in the past.
This means that the only correct option for booting the system would be the fatload MMC as you specified.
The only thing that could be wrong is the partition bootarg points to.

Its the root=/dev/sda1 (or other partion) part....

You could tinker a bit with this setting..

Dave
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 570 / Radeon X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS / Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Vampire 4SA - RPi4 Running AmiKitXE Full
kilaueabart

Re: I'm lost

Post by kilaueabart »

No, that wasn't any of the problems. I got to wondering after another try with proper fatloading failed if maybe I needed the "console=" bits that I have in my boot command, so I edited my fienix6 command, simply adding "init=/bin/bash" in the appropriate spot, ran that (without saving it, of course), and got what looked like exactly the same results as before.

I spent quite a while with a ballpen copying lines from the screen, expecially ones starting "bash:" and "EXT4-fs (sda6):" thinking they might be good clues. At some point (already, maybe) this last line appeared at screen bottom: "random crng init done." I can't remember if there was a cursor at the end or not.

In any event, I tried to type in "mount -n -o remount,rw /" and it came out as
mlogitech-hidpp-device 0003:046D:2010.
ount -n -o remount,rw /
mount: /: can't find UUID=d73fd(etc) ro ...

but very soon a change:

root@X5000:/# done
bash: syntax error near unexpected token

After that the "mount -n -o" command worked, and I was able to set a password.

What I didn't realize at the time was that it was the root password! To set a user password I need a user name and I have no idea how to get that. :-(