Fienix 6.0.1

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Fienix 6.0.1

Post by Hypex »

kilaueabart wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:27 pm You told me that once before, and I followed through, but that let me set a root password. Setting a user password required providing a user name, and I didn't know one.
Although your past it now a quick way to find users is doing this:

Code: Select all

ls /home/
Roland

Post by Roland »

I was not able to update the file listing in Synaptic. Got this kind of error message:

Could not download all repository indexes

The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository address in the preferences is correct.
- Roland -
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Roland wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:10 pm I was not able to update the file listing in Synaptic. Got this kind of error message:

Could not download all repository indexes

The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository address in the preferences is correct.
Should be back up. Thanks,
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Hi all,

I did a video review of Eolie, a web browser based on WebKit, to show functionality and performance on common websites. Eolie is a good performer with the exception of YouTube, due to not having support for Greasemonkey and ViewTube.

YouTube Review of Eolie
Fienix News about Eolie

-Casey
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

I have minor(?) color problems in Fienix6. Options to click on will be very clear most of the time, but the text fades out as I move the cursor over them. Sometimes they are hard to find because they blend in with the background anyway. I mostly notice this on web sites.

I haven't been able to find a way to adjust text color.
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

kilaueabart wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:46 pm I have minor(?) color problems in Fienix6. Options to click on will be very clear most of the time, but the text fades out as I move the cursor over them. Sometimes they are hard to find because they blend in with the background anyway. I mostly notice this on web sites.

I haven't been able to find a way to adjust text color.
Are you using a browser you installed from the repository or one you downloaded yourself (like from this forum)? Downloads from anyplace other than the repository won’t include the dark theme color corrections.
Roland

Post by Roland »

There is a problem with the volume control of Fienix 6.0. When the audio volume is changed with the multimedia keys (audio + and -, at the top right of the keyboard), the loudspeaker picture appears normally on the screen, but the horizontal bar showing the volume is always empty. Only muting symbol appears normally.

The same works ok in MintPPC and Ubuntu, and if I remember correctly, also in earlier versions of Fienix.
- Roland -
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Hi Casey,

Musa has an issue with a broken package (python-gtk2 version 2.24.0-6).

Link to the thread

Could you please help him?

Thanks,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

xeno74 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:53 am Hi Casey,

Link to the thread

Thanks,
Christian
I have this package installed without issue. Could you please see what it is conflicting with on his system? I think "dpkg -s python-gtk2" should tell what the conflicting package is.
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

caseycullen wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:00 pm
xeno74 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:53 am Hi Casey,

Link to the thread

Thanks,
Christian
I have this package installed without issue. Could you please see what it is conflicting with on his system? I think "dpkg -s python-gtk2" should tell what the conflicting package is.
@musa please locate python3-numpy in Synaptic, highlight it, then click on the "Package" menu, then "Force Version", and choose 1:1.23.5-2. You must have updated before I noticed a problem with the later version.

-Casey