Fienix 6.0.1

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
xeno74

Re: Fienix 6.0.1

Post by xeno74 »

xeno74 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:02 pm
Roland wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:41 pm @Casey

Got it running finally! But I had to use an external disk unit as an intermediary: create a huge 20 GB partition, copy the diskimage there, shrink the partition to a decent size and then copy it to my main HD. The original partition size was indeed left too high! You should really correct that in future disk images...;)
Hi All,

I had the same problem with the new Fienix noboot disk image. I figured out a fast and small solution. With increasing the disk image with qemu-img you can fix the issue. :-)

Code: Select all

qemu-img resize fienix_6.0.1-noboot-r1.img +10G

fsck.ext4 fienix_6.0.1-noboot-r1.img

Cheers,
Christian
xeno74 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:40 pm Screenshot:

I tested the Fienix noboot disk image today and there is an entry with a bigger size than the disk image is in the superblock so it can’t boot from the disk image directly.

Solution:

qemu-img resize fienix_6.0.1-noboot-r1.img +10G
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
caseycullen

Re: Fienix 6.0.1

Post by caseycullen »

caseycullen wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:45 pm
Roland wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:21 pm Thanks! I tested greybird, but it caused the same issue with disappearing/reappearing desktop icons as Adwaita!?
Ah, I wasn't aware before, but after looking into it, it looks like greybird is rebased on Adwaita, which likely explains the reoccurring issue.
Thanks for testing!
Hey Roland - Sorry I didn't get back to you about this! Unfortunately this really seems like a mystery. I wasn't able to replicate your issues using a variety of themes or the Adwaita controls. If you haven't already, you might want to try installing the mate-themes package and see if BlueMenta works for you.