SuperTuxKart: font problem?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Roland

SuperTuxKart: font problem?

Post by Roland »

I noticed a peculiar problem with SuperTuxKart... When I try to create a new user and input the name from keyboard, only empty spaces appear on the screen. I tested two different keyboard layouts from the system settings, and two different keybords but no help from there.

So, what is causing this kind of problem, and how to solve it? I have SupertuxKart installed in Fienix.
- Roland -
caseycullen

Re: SuperTuxKart: font problem?

Post by caseycullen »

I'm not able to replicate this problem, adding a new racer name works for me. Does anyone else have this issue? Roland, did you install from the repo?
-Casey
Roland

Post by Roland »

caseycullen wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:48 pm I'm not able to replicate this problem, adding a new racer name works for me. Does anyone else have this issue? Roland, did you install from the repo?
It must be from the repo as it is titled in Synaptic as 'Supertuxkart 0.8.1-fienix'. But I have it installed only in the old, very first version of Fienix. In newer Fienix versions (like 'Fienix5'), Synaptic does not show Supertuxkart at all, alltough I have all the default Fienix5 depots (6) selected in prefs.
- Roland -
Roland

Post by Roland »

Is it really that Supertuxkart cannot be installed on newer Fienix versions...? Why is that?!

How about other PPC Linux distros? I tried with MintPPC but the version available (1.4) was not installable (Synaptic complained about broken packages, and was not able to fix them).
- Roland -
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

I have a correction, I thought I had added a new racer name in my current installation, but when I double-checked last night I could not. I am running into the same problem.
Super Tux Kart can be installed on new Fienix versions, I just must have missed adding it to the current repos. I clearly remember adding a new racer name in the past; I will have to take a deeper look into it. Perhaps it is a missing font or font library.
-Casey