Poof!

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
kilaueabart

Poof!

Post by kilaueabart »

I was reading my online digital newspaper this morning on Void when all of a sudden the screen went blank, and when I checked no LEDs were on in the case. So far I haven't been able to figure out where the power stops. There's no sign of life inside. The cord is supplying 120 vAC, but those fat cords coming out of the power supply and disappearing under the motherboard are a total mystery.

Only thing worse I can imagine is the next California earthquake, but at least I am able to get here with my Raspberry Pi which I hadn't used for a few years except to connect the X5000 to the printer for decent printout.

It doesn't look like I'm going to get any help from Amiga On the Lake, where I bought my X5000.
Roland

Re: Poof!

Post by Roland »

kilaueabart wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:59 pm I was reading my online digital newspaper this morning on Void when all of a sudden the screen went blank, and when I checked no LEDs were on in the case. So far I haven't been able to figure out where the power stops. There's no sign of life inside. The cord is supplying 120 vAC, but those fat cords coming out of the power supply and disappearing under the motherboard are a total mystery.0.
Do you have a second 120 vAC power cord to test? If that does not help, it is possible that your powersupply has died... If there were only a problem with the cable that gives power to the motherborad, the fans of your case should still work as they have normally their own power line.

It is also possible that there is somewhere a short circuit which causes your powersupply to cut itself automatically off. I had once a short in a scanner cable, and if it was connected to the controller board, the PSU turned itself immediately off. The machine was totally out of life untill I disconnected the cable.
- Roland -
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

Thanks for the hint. As I noted, there is no problem with the power supply cord; I tested it with a voltmeter.

The short circuit possibility is interesting. I will disconnect everything I can and try to power up.

If that doesn't do any good, I guess it's remove the power supply and peek inside but that looks like a big job.
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

*** Since this is not a Linux problem, I moved the discussion to Platform: AmigaOne X5000. In the meantime I have replaced the PSU but haven't been able to get the X5000 working yet. ***