Kernel 5.15

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
xeno74

Re: Kernel 5.15

Post by xeno74 »

kilaueabart wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:22 pm Attempt to download kernel 15.1 in Void:
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I see the same thing happened with 5.16.rc4. I guess I'll be able to get it in fienix later.
Which web browser do you use for downloading the kernel package on Void?
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

xeno74 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:04 am
Which web browser do you use for downloading the kernel package on Void?
I should have thought that it might be the browser, and not the platform! I was using Eolie. I tried Void's InterWeb just now, and it downloaded just fine.

Eolie is the main thing I use Void for. It is the closest thing to a working browser I have seen for a long time on an Amiga machine, getting to sites that InterWeb, Arctic Fox, etc., just give up on, and doing better on colors or general visibility than the others as well.
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

I forgot to test until today. RC6 is working on my original fienix. I don't know about void. It launched OK with rc6 but I couldn't get Eolie on screen. InterWeb came up in void, but I couldn't load this site or my email, so I clicked restart. Warning message, something like eolie is running. If you stop now you might lose work. I tried restarting void and it was a repeat of the first launch. Very relieved when fienix came up OK on next restart.

Oh, oh! I typed the above, clicked preview and nothing happened. It has now been Connecting... for several minutes. I am saving this with Pluma on Sun Dec 26, 16:32, will find a way to send it later.

Fienix5 comes up, using kernel 15.1. Will it sent this?