Running MorphOS in Qemu

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Running MorphOS in Qemu

Post by Hypex »

Okay so I recompiled it. Had to update the code as it referred to some ucontext object that has been renamed. Seen that before when using updated kernel headers. Apart from that it compiled fine. But it t gave a few warnings I don't like and wonder if can break things. In any case it needs fixing cause there are problems. On my older Ubuntu it can crash out of free() with an invalid pointer. And I did see some VM errors on Fienix. There is an option so it goes into open firmware. But not been able to get it working yet. Don't know if nvram vars can be set. It can also boot an elf and Linux but so far got none to work.
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Hypex wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:17 pm Okay so I recompiled it. Had to update the code as it referred to some ucontext object that has been renamed. Seen that before when using updated kernel headers. Apart from that it compiled fine.
Did you compile it with KVM support or with its own kernel modules?
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

xeno74 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:48 pm Did you compile it with KVM support or with its own kernel modules?
Just KVM.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

I recompiled it with modules on Ubuntu 12.04. It's still no better. Infact it crashes internally trying to execute a 0x00000000. I noticed my HDD light going for no apparent reason. It had filled up two logs with 250MB each of debug output! :-o
Roland

Post by Roland »

xeno74 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:12 am I have found the following explanation with a solution:
Mouse movement periodically jumps and CPU usage is high on mac99.
This is caused by a high priority temperature.sensor task which presumably tries to access temperature sensors over I2C but this is not emulated by QEMU so this hangs waiting for an interrupt which is not delivered so it has to time out. You can see this in Applications / LogTool / LogTool. Workaround is to lower priority of this task from Utilities / Task Manager until this is implemented in QEMU which helps with mouse freezing but does not avoid possible performance impact of this. The sensor task can also be stopped by ikill temperature.sensor from a shell command window or some start up script. I have collected some information on what is needed to emulate this I2C bus in QEMU here so if someone wants to help implementing it this is open for contribution.
Please try the shell command ikill temperature.sensor
I got only now the opportunity to test that ikill command... Unfortunately it had no effect on the mouse movement!
- Roland -