Fienix usb stick

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Tijatjj

Fienix usb stick

Post by Tijatjj »

Hi I just bought the fienix stick from Amiga on the lake.I had one from them before worked no problem but this one I’m getting a begin :running scripts/local block done loop. Also a hid generic number prior to that with unknown item tag 0x0?posted a pic .X5000 Radeon 7750 sff 1gig.also have a r7-2402GD3-L.then it says give up waiting for root device. Common problems:boot args/check rootdelay=/then root=/missing modules . And then ALERT! LABEL =FIENIX =DISK does not exist dropping to shell. Lastly busybox v1.22.0-Ubuntu 1.4 built the n shell (ash) thanks in advance . It’s not the usb at all just not getting what’s wrong
Attachments
772A42E7-6F4F-4100-B9CF-3089FE5E260A.jpeg
caseycullen

Re: Fienix usb stick

Post by caseycullen »

Tijatjj wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:33 pm Hi I just bought the fienix stick from Amiga on the lake.I had one from them before worked no problem but this one I’m getting a begin :running scripts/local block done loop. Also a hid generic number prior to that with unknown item tag 0x0?posted a pic .X5000 Radeon 7750 sff 1gig.also have a r7-2402GD3-L.then it says give up waiting for root device. Common problems:boot args/check rootdelay=/then root=/missing modules . And then ALERT! LABEL =FIENIX =DISK does not exist dropping to shell. Lastly busybox v1.22.0-Ubuntu 1.4 built the n shell (ash) thanks in advance . It’s not the usb at all just not getting what’s wrong
Please provide the boot commands you entered exactly as you entered them.
-Casey
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Hi thanks,had my wife do it as she types and it is further down the tree but only cursor at top of screen and blinking led by power on/reset button. It’s the quick start guide that came with it for X5000.from AOTL.so someone clued me into the bootdelay to 10.it opened the sign in and then disappeared real quickly?
Update:So now someone mentioned the bandaid on the website approach did that and still not booting to log in page.The older one from AOTL worked no problem.this goes all the way then either blank screen or cursor stuck on screen.Any ideas?please note however that there was nothing else in the file where the bandaid file goes to?
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Sooo are there any chance ideas to get this up and running thank you.Greatly appreciate
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Tijatjj wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:52 am So now someone mentioned the bandaid on the website approach did that and still not booting to log in page.The older one from AOTL worked no problem.this goes all the way then either blank screen or cursor stuck on screen.Any ideas?please note however that there was nothing else in the file where the bandaid file goes to?
Please look on the Fienix troubleshooting site: fienixppc.blogspot.com.

Another way is to create the following xorg.conf in /etc/X11 and reboot your X5000.

Code: Select all

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "fbdev"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
SubSection "Display"
Viewport 0 0
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

Thank you will give it a go .
Tijatjj

Post by Tijatjj »

hi thank you all .fienix is finally up and running thank you plus my wifes typing,bainaids,etc. Now i do not waant to shut it down till it is on harddrive.can someone point it out .It is a 1 terabyte owc mercury electra. totally empty. thank you all again.also room for the other distro mint i think.also how do u update everything .and where do u send contributions too
xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

Tijatjj wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:49 pm hi thank you all .fienix is finally up and running thank you plus my wifes typing,bainaids,etc. Now i do not waant to shut it down till it is on harddrive.can someone point it out .It is a 1 terabyte owc mercury electra. totally empty. thank you all again.also room for the other distro mint i think.also how do u update everything .and where do u send contributions too
I created some instructions but you have to replace some software components with newer ones.

Instructions
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.