Kernel 5.10

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
User avatar
Skateman
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by Skateman »

@roland
To bad... its a weird issue that i have also experienced way back but somewhere down the line it got resolved for few of us...
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon R7 250 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Ubuntu Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6432
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by xeno74 »

Skateman wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:42 pm I think that you are still using an internal PCI ethernet adapter as well.
No, it isn’t an internal PCI ethernet adapter installed in my MorphOS compatible X5000 because MorphOS can use the onboard ethernet without any problems.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
User avatar
Skateman
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by Skateman »

xeno74 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:14 am
Skateman wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:42 pm I think that you are still using an internal PCI ethernet adapter as well.
No, it isn’t an internal PCI ethernet adapter installed in my MorphOS compatible X5000 because MorphOS can use the onboard ethernet without any problems.
OK, so it has to be the Linux configuration.
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon R7 250 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Ubuntu Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
Roland
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 7:23 am

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by Roland »

Skateman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:21 pm OK, so it has to be the Linux configuration.
Could it also be the internet service itself and the hardware used...? Has anyone the possibility to test different type of services with his/her X5000? I'm using a Sagemcom light fiber modem (I have checked the settings of it but have not found anything which would help with the issue).
- Roland -
User avatar
kilaueabart
Posts: 763
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 am

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by kilaueabart »

Skateman wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:12 am My guess is that you are using an older version of U-boot that cant read the MAC addressess of your onboard ethernet adapter.
...
You can check you systeminfo in U-boot and see if there are Mac addresses shown.
Hadn't looked at that for a long time. Too much "info" that I can no longer understand, but here is some from a photo I just made.

Firmware: U-Boot 2014.04 <Oct (No idea how to get a more modern version of that.)

MAC Address : <NULL>
Mac Address 2: <NULL>

Five lines of PCI-(e) Devices

And while I have all the USB ports in use, I get info for only 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9.
User avatar
Skateman
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by Skateman »

Roland wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:51 pm
Skateman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:21 pm OK, so it has to be the Linux configuration.
Could it also be the internet service itself and the hardware used...? Has anyone the possibility to test different type of services with his/her X5000? I'm using a Sagemcom light fiber modem (I have checked the settings of it but have not found anything which would help with the issue).
I have tested my X5000 directly connected to the switchports on my Fortinet firewall, and connected to my Dell switch. Both work, X5000 is provided by an IP address using DHCP and has no problem.
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon R7 250 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Ubuntu Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
User avatar
Skateman
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by Skateman »

kilaueabart wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:37 pm
Skateman wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:12 am My guess is that you are using an older version of U-boot that cant read the MAC addressess of your onboard ethernet adapter.
...
You can check you systeminfo in U-boot and see if there are Mac addresses shown.
Hadn't looked at that for a long time. Too much "info" that I can no longer understand, but here is some from a photo I just made.

Firmware: U-Boot 2014.04 <Oct (No idea how to get a more modern version of that.)

MAC Address : <NULL>
Mac Address 2: <NULL>

Five lines of PCI-(e) Devices

And while I have all the USB ports in use, I get info for only 3, 4, 5, 8, and 9.
Thats what i expected. The U-Boot version cannot read the MAC addresses of you onboard adapter.
A newer version of U-Boot does show the correct mac addresses.
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon R7 250 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Ubuntu Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
User avatar
Skateman
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by Skateman »

Kernel 5.10 RC4 is running fine on my AmigaOne X5000

Image

Big picture http://www.skateman.nl/wp-content/uploa ... 160801.png
AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon R7 250 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Ubuntu Linux
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the world
User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6432
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Kernel 5.10

Post by xeno74 »

Skateman wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:10 pm Kernel 5.10 RC4 is running fine on my AmigaOne X5000
Thank you for testing the RC4! :-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Post Reply