Plugins for Firefox 47 and ESR?

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Roland

Plugins for Firefox 47 and ESR?

Post by Roland »

How could I get plugins for Firefox 47 and ESR, which are included in Fienix? The inbuilt add-ons manager does not work in these browsers. Is there any Greasemonkey or VPN plugin compatible with either of these version?
- Roland -
caseycullen

Re: Plugins for Firefox 47 and ESR?

Post by caseycullen »

Roland wrote:How could I get plugins for Firefox 47 and ESR, which are included in Fienix? The inbuilt add-ons manager does not work in these browsers. Is there any Greasemonkey or VPN plugin compatible with either of these version?
Just curious; is there a reason you're using Firefox? I was planning on removing it completely from Fienix as we have better options, and Firefox PowerPC is at least 10 major releases behind now.
-Casey
Roland

Post by Roland »

caseycullen wrote:
Roland wrote:How could I get plugins for Firefox 47 and ESR, which are included in Fienix? The inbuilt add-ons manager does not work in these browsers. Is there any Greasemonkey or VPN plugin compatible with either of these version?
Just curious; is there a reason you're using Firefox? I was planning on removing it completely from Fienix as we have better options, and Firefox PowerPC is at least 10 major releases behind now.
I think it would be premature to remove Firefox totally....! Unfortunately there are still things that Arctic Fox/Spideweb cannot do correctly. E.g. they cannot show Instagram videos! I just consulted Wicknix about this problem: For Arctic Fox there is not the needed codec, and SpiderWeb has an endianess problem which causes that the colors are mixed. There is not yet a solution for these. And there are also some other videosources which can currently be watched only with Firefox 47.

Another reason is that the plugin collection for Arctic Fox/Spiderweb is more limited than for Firefox. If there just would be some way to get those installed...
- Roland -
caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Roland wrote:I think it would be premature to remove Firefox totally....! Unfortunately there are still things that Arctic Fox/Spideweb cannot do correctly. E.g. they cannot show Instagram videos! I just consulted Wicknix about this problem: For Arctic Fox there is not the needed codec, and SpiderWeb has an endianess problem which causes that the colors are mixed. There is not yet a solution for these. And there are also some other videosources which can currently be watched only with Firefox 47.

Another reason is that the plugin collection for Arctic Fox/Spiderweb is more limited than for Firefox. If there just would be some way to get those installed...
Fair enough. Did you ask Sebaro about Instagram support in ViewTube/ViewTube+ when you requested support for the other video sites you use?
Do you have any specific add-ons in mind that you'd like? The simplest solution is probably to add them to the repo since Firefox add-on manager causes older browsers to crash if you try to browse add-ons.