Here is the alpha5 of kernel 5.2 for testing.
- X1000: Darren's pcmcia patch for solving the issues with new CF cards connected to the onboard CompactFlash Card Slot (Thanks to Darren)
- X1000: Enabled the kernel config options CONFIG_PATA_PCMCIA, CONFIG_PCMCIA, and CONFIG_ELECTRA_CF for the pcmcia patch
- Linux Git log
- POWER Gets SMAP-Like Functionality, 32-bit KASAN Support On Linux 5.2 -- phoronix.com
- Phoronix articles, reviews and news stories covering Linux 5.2
- X5000 and X1000: vgaarb patch for solving the issue with two graphics cards in an AmigaOne. Link to the bug report: Bug 109345 - drm-next-2018-12-14 -Linux PPC
- X5000: Additional test kernel (uImage-hid4) because of the issue with Logitech wireless USB mice
- X1000: compressed kernel (zImage) and uncompressed kernel (vmlinux)
Screenshot of openSUSE Tumbleweed PPC64 with Arctic Fox 27.9.17 and with the kernel 5.2-alpha5:
BTW, I created a new PowerPC cross compiling environment on ubuntu MATE 18.04.2 LTS x86_64 (GCC 7.4.0) three days ago. This kernel has been compiled with this new cross compiling environment.
Please test it with your CF cards.
Please test the default kernel (uImage-5.2) with your two installed graphics cards and the additional test kernel (uImage-hid4) with your Logitech wireless USB mouse.