Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
Roland

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Post by Roland »

xeno74 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:37 pm
Roland wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:51 am
Where in Fienix (and Ubuntu) is localted the counterpart of this directory (from Red Hat):

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ ?

I got a tip to modify the files there (ifcfg-***) to solve the 'variable mac' ptroblem with TG-3468 (https://access.redhat.com/solutions/70215).
/etc/network
Thanks... But I was not able to localize there any ethernet interface scripts (similar to ifcgf-files) whch could be modified. Should I create it there myself? How should it be named...?
- Roland -

caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Roland wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:27 pm
xeno74 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:37 pm
Roland wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:51 am
Where in Fienix (and Ubuntu) is localted the counterpart of this directory (from Red Hat):

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ ?

I got a tip to modify the files there (ifcfg-***) to solve the 'variable mac' ptroblem with TG-3468 (https://access.redhat.com/solutions/70215).
/etc/network
Thanks... But I was not able to localize there any ethernet interface scripts (similar to ifcgf-files) whch could be modified. Should I create it there myself? How should it be named...?
Fienix uses NetworkManager to manage connections instead of /etc/network scripts. You can set a permanent mac address from the Control Center > Advanced Network Configuration. Otherwise the configuration files are at /etc/NetworkManager. References here and here.

caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Skateman wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:32 am
Regarding Fienix..
I think most X5000 users bought their machine as being an Amiga running AmigaOS4.X
A second OS like Linux is fantastic, but changing AmigaOS compatible hardware like the Videocard is not something that many users will do.
I would suggest that by default Fienix will be using the FBdev. Two distro`s could also be an option. 3D Hardware support and FBdev based.
Thanks for your feedback. I agree with your comment on the video card situation. I had hoped the fienix-gpu-bandage would have provided an easy enough resolution but I wasn't aware that logging into console didn't work for so many people. Future releases will default to fbdev.
-Casey

caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

InterWeb and SpiderWeb have been updated in the Fienix repositories for better theme consistency.
Arctic Fox has been added.
-Casey

caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

Also: if you tried to install Minetest but it did not work, please either uninstall/reinstall the below packages or use Synaptic to "Force Version" to the version that is currently in "Additional":
libluajit-5.1
libluajit-5.1-common
libluajit-5.1-dev

Additionally, install the package "luajit".
-Casey