Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
xeno74

Re: Fienix - New PowerPC Distro

Post by xeno74 »

gordini21 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:32 pm
Radeon HD 5450 if i remenber well, not the initial one because it doesn't work with Morphos.
Strange. It should work.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

gordini21 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:10 pm
ALERT /dev/sda2 does not exists drop to a shell
Did you boot it with an initial ramdisk?

gordini21

Post by gordini21 »

yes i have applied all the tuto listed and entered all the command listed

at the end
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000

i have try again with a rootdelay to 20 same error
the GPU works, i have the pinguins on the top of the screen

another information /proc/modules is empty, normal ?

ls /dev return a "normal" list i think

xeno74

Post by xeno74 »

gordini21 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:08 pm
yes i have applied all the tuto listed and entered all the command listed

at the end
bootm 1000000 2000000 1c00000

i have try again with a rootdelay to 20 same error
the GPU works, i have the pinguins on the top of the screen

another information /proc/modules is empty, normal ?

ls /dev return a "normal" list i think
Can you login in Fienix? What do you see after booting Fienix? A shell prompt?

gordini21

Post by gordini21 »

not login

a prompt (initramfs)

i can enter some command
ls
dev bin usr conf etc lib ......

su doesn't work for example

gordini21

Post by gordini21 »

Maybe I can try with another distrib ?

I found a lot of thing in the differents threads.

Where can i find the img to flash on a USB stick ?

and after i think that the Uboot command are the same change only on the name of the files for the fatload command ?

Thanks

kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

caseycullen wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:48 am
@everyone: I pushed several updates to Fienix Soar. Updating from a Soar image should go smoothly and I think I tested everything adequately but let me know if you run into any issues.
I've been using Fienix almost exclusively everyday but didn't get around to the above until this afternoon. I interpreted that as "apt-get update," "apt-get upgrade," but maybe I was wrong. After the upgrade finished I rebooted, but some things didn't work, no internet was the worst issue. I clicked Restart and waited about a quarter of an hour while six stop-jobs ran. The first five were 1. Realtime Scheduling Policy Service, 2. session c2 for UID 1000, 3. Samba MMB Daemon, 4. Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack, and 5. Hostname Service.
In just a few minutes four of those stopped, with the Avahi thing still going, and a stop job for Network Manager was added. A few minutes later Avahi stopped, but Network Manager hung on and on.
Finally that ended with a screen bottom full of lines like

Code: Select all

waiting for process nmbd, avahi-daemon, (ostnamed), Network Manager, interweb, (t-daemon), mateweather-app, avahi-daemon, mate-netspeed-a
Plenty of time to write that all down, but finally there were some KILL-SIGs (?) and finally it rebooted.
Now that it is up again (internet working this time) I see no difference. I had hoped the weather thing in the panel would work now, but it is the same as before, starting out "0°" and changing shortly to "--." No big deal; I can look out the window behind my monitor and get a good idea what the weather is like, but I thought that things was kind of "neat."

caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

kilaueabart wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:02 am
I've been using Fienix almost exclusively everyday but didn't get around to the above until this afternoon. I interpreted that as "apt-get update," "apt-get upgrade," but maybe I was wrong. After the upgrade finished I rebooted, but some things didn't work, no internet was the worst issue. I clicked Restart and waited about a quarter of an hour while six stop-jobs ran. The first five were 1. Realtime Scheduling Policy Service, 2. session c2 for UID 1000, 3. Samba MMB Daemon, 4. Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack, and 5. Hostname Service.
In just a few minutes four of those stopped, with the Avahi thing still going, and a stop job for Network Manager was added. A few minutes later Avahi stopped, but Network Manager hung on and on.
Finally that ended with a screen bottom full of lines like

Code: Select all

waiting for process nmbd, avahi-daemon, (ostnamed), Network Manager, interweb, (t-daemon), mateweather-app, avahi-daemon, mate-netspeed-a
Plenty of time to write that all down, but finally there were some KILL-SIGs (?) and finally it rebooted.
Now that it is up again (internet working this time) I see no difference. I had hoped the weather thing in the panel would work now, but it is the same as before, starting out "0°" and changing shortly to "--." No big deal; I can look out the window behind my monitor and get a good idea what the weather is like, but I thought that things was kind of "neat."
Hi kilaueabart,
"apt-get update" only updates the package listings, it doesn't actually update any packages. Please use "apt-get upgrade" or go into Synaptic and press the "Reload" button, then the "Mark All Upgrades" button, then press "Apply".
I checked on the status of the weather applet issue and the MATE DE team is still waiting on a server-side fix.
-Casey

caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

gordini21 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 pm
Maybe I can try with another distrib ?

I found a lot of thing in the differents threads.

Where can i find the img to flash on a USB stick ?

and after i think that the Uboot command are the same change only on the name of the files for the fatload command ?

Thanks
There is a new image and modified instructions at https://fienixppc.blogspot.com/p/u-boot.html. Please see if this works out for you.
-Casey

caseycullen

Post by caseycullen »

FYI: SpiderWeb 2.2.2 is available in the repository. Thanks, wicknix.
- Casey