X5000 Fails to Boot Anything Now

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Acill

Re: X5000 Fails to Boot Anything Now

Post by Acill »

Still nothing, this damn thing is dead to me now. Its going in the closet. I've had enough.
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

Hi
Start with setting the amigaboot_quiet=Y variable to N just as roland sugested and post your results here.

We'll get it going again :)

You can even put a kickstart directory on a normal fat32 formated usb stick and load the kickstart from there and then load the rest of the os from your hdd.
That can be a good solution if there's something wrong with your kicklayout on the hdd.
Acill

Post by Acill »

So once again, by pure magic, it works again. I did nothing other than had it off for a couple of days. I just got my Radeon 5450 in and tried it, booted right up. Put my Polaris 11 card in again, booted right up. I just don't understand this machine sometimes?!

I am not joking, I did nothing other than power it off a couple of days, swap cards (keeping in mind I had been swapping cards before the 5450 came in), and Poof, it works.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Would be interesting to know if it refuses to work/boot again after you left it there for a few hours.

Then it would be a soldering issue (not sure if it's called a cold or a hot solder issue, though)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
bigmac

Post by bigmac »

Hi! all I the same problem and solved this by removing Radeon RX and inserting a basic Radeon card that allowed me to boot and install os4 updated video drivers then replaced basic Radeon card with my higher spec one. Running normally now hope this helps.
cheers :D
rjd324

Post by rjd324 »

I had something similar.

Since I am a stickler for details and thread linking then, see also: https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/v ... _id=132270
Magic

Post by Magic »