X5000 Fails to Boot Anything Now

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Acill

Re: X5000 Fails to Boot Anything Now

Post by Acill »

Still nothing, this damn thing is dead to me now. Its going in the closet. I've had enough.
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by smf »

Hi
Start with setting the amigaboot_quiet=Y variable to N just as roland sugested and post your results here.

We'll get it going again :)

You can even put a kickstart directory on a normal fat32 formated usb stick and load the kickstart from there and then load the rest of the os from your hdd.
That can be a good solution if there's something wrong with your kicklayout on the hdd.
Acill

Post by Acill »

So once again, by pure magic, it works again. I did nothing other than had it off for a couple of days. I just got my Radeon 5450 in and tried it, booted right up. Put my Polaris 11 card in again, booted right up. I just don't understand this machine sometimes?!

I am not joking, I did nothing other than power it off a couple of days, swap cards (keeping in mind I had been swapping cards before the 5450 came in), and Poof, it works.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Would be interesting to know if it refuses to work/boot again after you left it there for a few hours.

Then it would be a soldering issue (not sure if it's called a cold or a hot solder issue, though)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg