AmigaOne X5000 file system and download issues

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
esc

AmigaOne X5000 file system and download issues

Post by esc »

Hey friends,

I have a new X5000 that I’m itching to play with but I am running into a handful of frustrating issues.

First I had problems booting, which I was able to resolve. Now my issues are mainly twofold:

edit - 2 feels fixed by reinstalling the OS. Issue 1 below persists and is very frustrating.

1. When downloading files larger than a few megabytes, the download will freeze partway through inexplicably.
2. When running installer and picking an install directory /other/ than the default, OR when changing a file’s download location. I get a guru - this happens particularly when trying to change from saving something to RAM to save to a partition, or when changing from one partition to another.

I should mention that my symlinks for things like libz.so.1 were all missing and I had to make those manually. I suspect this computer hard drive was probably restored from a backup somewhere or something...what can I do to fix this? The file issue is a real frustrating one.

Thanks!
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: AmigaOne X5000 file system and download issues

Post by tonyw »

Hey, esc,

Firstly, welcome to the X5k club.

I might be able to help you with the file transfer problems. Which file system are you using on the partition that you are downloading to?
cheers
tony
esc

Post by esc »

Hi, thanks for the help :) It looks like file transfers just die frequently, without explanation.

My System partition is SFS 1.293
Work is same
It’s worth mentioning the file xfers die when saving to RAM: also...very strange. Perhaps it’s just a network issue? Is there something I should use vs the onboard ethernet on the cyrus mobo?
esc

Post by esc »

Ok. I think I may know the issue.

AmiSphere downloads are consistently failing. This doesn't happen directly downloading from websites, even very large files, so AmiSphere must be killing connections for some reason. :( Would love to get all that software I paid for.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by tonyw »

OK, I don't think I can help you, then.

Sorry.
cheers
tony
esc

Post by esc »

No worries! Thanks for offering to assist earlier :)
esc

Post by esc »

I spoke too soon. Downloads are freezing randomly wherever I’m trying to download from - os4depot, any random internet site...very frustrating.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Sounds like hardware issue.

Does the x5000 use a pci card to connect to the net?
Did you try reseating it?
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Petrol
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Petrol »

Hi,

On my X1000 I experienced such bad behavior in the past with I/O operations, and it seems that the sata cable was the issue in my case.
Follow Raziel advise and check if nothing is unseated inside the case.

Regards,
Xavier.
esc

Post by esc »

Hey folks,

Hopefully this can help someone else...I seem to have found the problem. Throughout the day today I’ve been able to 100% successfully reproduce the issue, both failure and success modes. The issue, it seems, is that when I have the CANDI animated background running, downloads consistently fail. Without this running, downloads consistently complete. Very strange. Has anyone else seen this problem?