AmiDVD not recogonizing drive

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Paul Zager

AmiDVD not recogonizing drive

Post by Paul Zager »

Oops...sorry... I forgot this is Aeon software, not Hyperions.

No response so far over on Amigans.net.

I can read a DVD and copy from it using this Asus DVD burner. But AmiDVD doesn't recognize that the drive is there. I've added "p5020sata.device 1" as a tooltype to AmiDVD hoping it might do something, but it didn't. The drive shows up in Mounter and Media Toolbox.

It will NOT read the version string of AmiDVD from the icon.

Any ideas?

Paul
Frankenthousand, the monster A1000
A1-XE G4, 2GB, 9250
X5000/20
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: AmiDVD not recogonizing drive

Post by tonyw »

Hi Paul,

AmiDVD will not run on later machines like the X5000 and A1222. The last machine it runs on is the X1000, and even there I have to revert to an old AmigaOS Final Edition version before AmiDVD will run.
cheers
tony
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

@Paul:

Although if you do have the version from the Enhancer pack, I believe that one should be patched (by Jörg) to allow running also on at least X5k.

When you say you can't read the version string from the icon, I wonder if maybe the problem instead is that your installed AmiDVD program is corrupted.

Try doing a Version from the Shell on it.

@Tony:

I'm pretty sure I have been using AmiDVD fairly recently on my X1k with latest (then) beta.

Best regards,

Niels
Paul Zager

Post by Paul Zager »

nbache wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:08 am @Paul:

When you say you can't read the version string from the icon, I wonder if maybe the problem instead is that your installed AmiDVD program is corrupted.

Try doing a Version from the Shell on it.
8.System:Utilities> version AmiDVD
AmiDVD 1.51
8.System:Utilities>

I"ve now deleted the version I got from Updater, and replaced it with the one in the Enhancer pack. But Trixie on Amigans also said what Tony did here. Not on the X5000 or the A1222. Something to do with shortcomings of the newer SATA devices.

Paul
Frankenthousand, the monster A1000
A1-XE G4, 2GB, 9250
X5000/20
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Yeah, I have 1.49 (on my X1000), and I'm pretty sure that was the last one to come with OS4. So 1.51 must be an Enhancer thing.

And yes, the (publically available) sata device on the X5000 makes things like burning discs a bit shaky, as you can never be sure which device name it assigns to the currently inserted disc (maybe also for other reasons). As was said, it was still an early version, WIP.

Best regards,

Niels