I'm not at home and can verify my claims now but this is the steps i would do:bigmac wrote: . I used the setenv command to reset the usb bus and now it recognised my thumb drive but will only boot to prompt just wondering if I can get the thumb drive to boot using additional cmd. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys I really appreciate it hopefully with our help I'll get up and running again.
1. Put the thumb drive in any usb port
2. When the bootanim starts press esc to get to the boot menu
3. Select boot to command line
4. type "usb reset" to get it to reqognize the thumb drive
5. type "boota" to start amigaboot
6. amigaboot should start and give a menu asking from what bootable device to boot from, select the thumb drive. (if the amigaboot menu is not showing and you have several bootdevices you can enable the boot menu with some setenv command, something like "amigabootquiet=no" use printenv and you will see it )
And you should probably solve the flickering video issue before doing this...