Realtime clock not working

AmigaOne X5000 platform specific issues.
Roland

Realtime clock not working

Post by Roland »

I have not been able to get the realtime clock of my X5000 to run... I have changed the battery to a brand new one. i have set the time from 'Time' prefs and saved it several times. I have used the 'Setclock save' comand from cli. I have tried the 'date' comand via U-boot. But the realtime clock just does not run, the time is lost after every reboot...

The 'Setclock save' comand just saves the current system clock stamp and gives it back when 'Setclock load' is run. 'Setclock reset' did not help, either.

What to do......?

- Roland -
- Roland -
Ribdevil

Re: Realtime clock not working

Post by Ribdevil »

I have the same problem for some time.
And also from time to time, workbench hangs when loading.
Then, I change the keyboard for one Logitech. And everything works fine since then.

Virginio
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

I've had problems with my clock reverting to GMT, but it's not consistent, and it usually survives a reboot.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Ribdevil wrote:I have the same problem for some time.
And also from time to time, workbench hangs when loading.
Then, I change the keyboard for one Logitech. And everything works fine since then.

Virginio
Obviously our problems are somewhat different as in my case it is constant. I do not have a second USB keyboard to test, but booting and setting/saving the time without keyboard connected did not change anything. Anyway, I cannot figure how the keyboard could affect the realtime clock, which should be running also when the computer is switched off...?

But while testing I noticed a strange thing which I will report in another thread!

- Roland -
- Roland -
Ribdevil

Post by Ribdevil »

Try to press "space", should appear the boot menu, with my old keyboard did not see this menu.
And I can't select the partition o boot.
And the realtime clock don't work.

With the new, I can see the boot menu and can select the boot partition.
Clock shows the time correctly.

Virginio