Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Linux only discussion for the AmigaOne 500 and Sam series
User avatar
virgola
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Location: Bergamo, Italy

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by virgola »

Spectre660 wrote:New Kernel 3.19.1
Checked: works fine on my Sam460 with Radeon HD 4650.
Thanks!
seventhwonder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:08 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by seventhwonder »

Spectre660 wrote:New Kernel 3.19.1 at the same link as the last post.
This one now loads the radeon microcode for the Radeon HD7750 properly.
Stil no working HDMI audio with the Radeon 7750 thought.
will have to make a new installer so some one with a Radeon HD 7750 is able to install a Linux distribution without swapping video cards.
Dear Spectre

Do your kernels support Radeon R7 series ?
AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
**AmigaOne X5000 + 8GB RAM + Radeon RX 560 4GB
**Tabor A1222 + 2GB RAM + Radeon RX 550 2GB **
**Sam460 + 2GB RAM + Radeon RX 550 2GB **
Spectre660
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by Spectre660 »

I have not actually tried a R7 card as I dont have one.
The latest 3.19.1 kernel has support for R7-250x but it is untested.
If you have a specific card to try let me know and I can try to add the radeon firmare for it and do a special kernel for you. (Only takes a few minutes)

EDIT: I se the card in your Sig. Will see what I can do for you .

seventhwonder wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:New Kernel 3.19.1 at the same link as the last post.
This one now loads the radeon microcode for the Radeon HD7750 properly.
Stil no working HDMI audio with the Radeon 7750 thought.
will have to make a new installer so some one with a Radeon HD 7750 is able to install a Linux distribution without swapping video cards.
Dear Spectre

Does your kernels support Radeon R7 series ?
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Spectre660
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by Spectre660 »

@seventhwonder

You can try this one.
only enough room for Radeon HD6570,HD6670, R7-260 and R7-260x firmware.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... ks_Bonaire
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Spectre660
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by Spectre660 »

@seventhwonder

oops. Got my firmware wrong. Should be this one for R7-265. (Pitcairn)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... s_Pitcairn
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Spectre660
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by Spectre660 »

Sam460ex-3.19.2 Kernels .
Radeon HD firmware built in for HD4650/4670, HD5450/HD6350,HD6450,HD6570/HD6670,HD7750/HD7770/R7-250X
Includes a second special version with leaves out the HD4650/4670 and adds support for Radeon R7-265 (untested) .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... 9.2.tar.gz
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6839
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by xeno74 »

Spectre660 wrote:Sam460ex-3.19.2 Kernels .
Radeon HD firmware built in for HD4650/4670, HD5450/HD6350,HD6450,HD6570/HD6670,HD7750/HD7770/R7-250X
Includes a second special version with leaves out the HD4650/4670 and adds support for Radeon R7-265 (untested) .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... 9.2.tar.gz
Here you are: Sam460ex-3.19.2.tar.gz
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Spectre660
Posts: 1502
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: Montserrat

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by Spectre660 »

Thank you.
by the way do the Nemo 4.0-RC kernels work ok with HDMI vidoe output ?
I get a oops with the Sam460ex versions. They work ok using the DVI output .

xeno74 wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:Sam460ex-3.19.2 Kernels .
Radeon HD firmware built in for HD4650/4670, HD5450/HD6350,HD6450,HD6570/HD6670,HD7750/HD7770/R7-250X
Includes a second special version with leaves out the HD4650/4670 and adds support for Radeon R7-265 (untested) .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... 9.2.tar.gz
Here you are: Sam460ex-3.19.2.tar.gz
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
seventhwonder
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:08 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by seventhwonder »

Spectre660 wrote:@seventhwonder

oops. Got my firmware wrong. Should be this one for R7-265. (Pitcairn)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... s_Pitcairn
I'll try this kernel and let you know if it works...
AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
**AmigaOne X5000 + 8GB RAM + Radeon RX 560 4GB
**Tabor A1222 + 2GB RAM + Radeon RX 550 2GB **
**Sam460 + 2GB RAM + Radeon RX 550 2GB **
User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 6839
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Spectre660's Linux downloads for the Sam440/460

Post by xeno74 »

Spectre660 wrote:Thank you.
by the way do the Nemo 4.0-RC kernels work ok with HDMI vidoe output ?
I get a oops with the Sam460ex versions. They work ok using the DVI output .
I don't know. We haven't test it yet.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.
Post Reply