Please add weekdays to Time prefs

AmigaOS users can make feature requests in this forum.
chris

Please add weekdays to Time prefs

Post by chris »

Please can DATEBROWSER_ShowTitle be added to the calendar display in Time Prefs. I thought the days of the week were present in the past, but they aren't now, and they would greatly assist when using Time Prefs as a quick calendar.

I just spotted this in the DateBrowser changelog:
Version 53.7 (2014-02-26)

- DATEBROWSER_ShowTitle is now works as documented.
So I guess this is what broke it!
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Please add weekdays to Time prefs

Post by salass00 »

@chris

This was fixed in Time Prefs 53.5 (26.2.2014). I take it this version has not been made public yet?
chris

Post by chris »

salass00 wrote:@chris

This was fixed in Time Prefs 53.5 (26.2.2014). I take it this version has not been made public yet?
Nope:

Code: Select all

7.AmigaOS:> version sys:prefs/time full
Time 53.4 (01/12/2009)
Interesting that the datestamp is the same as the newer datebrowser.gadget. Surely they should have been released together?

Code: Select all

7.AmigaOS:> version classes:gadgets/datebrowser.gadget full
datebrowser.gadget 53.7 (26/02/2014)
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

@chris

I've e-mailed Steven Solie about releasing an update to the Time prefs so hopefully it will be released along with the next batch of updates.
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

salass00 wrote:@chris

I've e-mailed Steven Solie about releasing an update to the Time prefs so hopefully it will be released along with the next batch of updates.
Please, ask if they could add ISO date format (ISO 8601) too! Personally I'm not using anyelse on other systems anymore.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Amigo1 wrote:Please, ask if they could add ISO date format (ISO 8601) too! Personally I'm not using anyelse on other systems anymore.
Date formats are defined in the country definitions. If the country you have selected on the second tab page in Locale prefs has the ISO format as the only or main accepted format, chances are it is already the format used in your system.

Best regards,

Niels
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

Thanks Niels,

I'll hava a look into that when I have access to one of my OS machines again. Is it something which has been added with the recent updates? I'm abroad since May so I don't even know what's been released since.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Amigo1 wrote:Is it something which has been added with the recent updates? I'm abroad since May so I don't even know what's been released since.
No, as far as I can remember, it's been that way just as long as Locale itself, i.e. since AmigaOS 2.1.

Locale prefs has changed though, but not recently.

Best regards,

Niels
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

nbache wrote:
Amigo1 wrote:Is it something which has been added with the recent updates? I'm abroad since May so I don't even know what's been released since.
No, as far as I can remember, it's been that way just as long as Locale itself, i.e. since AmigaOS 2.1.

Locale prefs has changed though, but not recently.

Best regards,

Niels
Ok, then if I haven't missed it since 2.1, there is no locale offering to display the date format to that standard. Even though the the 1st version of ISO 8601 had been published in 1988 the latest 3rd version seems to have been published on December 2004. So if it has been implemented it should have happened with AmigaOS4.x
gazelle

Post by gazelle »

Amigo1 wrote:Ok, then if I haven't missed it since 2.1, there is no locale offering to display the date format to that standard. Even though the the 1st version of ISO 8601 had been published in 1988 the latest 3rd version seems to have been published on December 2004. So if it has been implemented it should have happened with AmigaOS4.x
The date and time format used (along others) is defined by the country file.

If you have installed the SDK there is the source which was used to generate these (SDK:Examples/Locale/Countries/make_country_files.c). You could change your country to your preferred settings, compile, execute and install the new country file(s).