Page 3 of 6

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:46 pm
by xeno74

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:14 pm
by musa
xeno74 wrote:
Could you please post the output of lsmod? Could you also please post the output of ls -ltr /lib/modules?


Christian
Hi Christian
ls mod give nothing
modules.png

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:58 pm
by xeno74
musa wrote: Hi Christian
ls mod give nothing
Hi Musa,

Please run depmod as root. After that run lsmod again.

Thanks,
Christian

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:19 pm
by musa
xeno74 wrote:
musa wrote: Hi Christian
ls mod give nothing
Hi Musa,

Please run depmod as root. After that run lsmod again.

Thanks,
Christian
Hi Christian
Nothing but if I use modprobe (module name) saa7146 I can see it with lsmod . I know I don*t use this module.
This is first time I see a loadet module.

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:49 pm
by xeno74
musa wrote: Hi Christian
Nothing but if I use modprobe (module name) saa7146 I can see it with lsmod . I know I don*t use this module.
This is first time I see a loadet module.
I understand. You don’t have a hardware which needs a kernel module so there aren’t any modules loaded.

Please load the kvm-pr kernel module with modprobe kvm-pr. After that run lsmod.

I use the kvm-pr module for improving the performance of Mac OS X in PowerPC QEMU machines.

Screenshot of Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard PowerPC in a virtual QEMU/KVM-PR machine on an AmigaOne X1000:

Image

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:57 pm
by musa
xeno74 wrote:[

Please load the kvm-pr kernel module with modprobe kvm-pr. After that run lsmod.
Hi Christian
Here is the output in debian 10
module size Used by
kvm_pr 108219 0
kvm 196391 1 kvm_pr

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:14 pm
by xeno74
musa wrote: Hi Christian
Here is the output in debian 10
module size Used by
kvm_pr 108219 0
kvm 196391 1 kvm_pr
It works! :-) Normally there aren't any modules loaded because you don’t have a hardware which needs kernel modules.

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:28 pm
by musa
xeno74 wrote:[

It works! :-) Normally there aren't any modules loaded because you don’t have a hardware which needs kernel modules.
Thanks for your help.

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:33 am
by xeno74
Hi Musa,

Does the RC1 of kernel 5.5 work on your X1000?

Cheers,
Christian

Re: Kernel 5.5

Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:45 pm
by musa
xeno74 wrote:Hi Musa,

Does the RC1 of kernel 5.5 work on your X1000?

Cheers,
Christian
Hi Christian
I got kernel panic with DEBIAN sid 32bit
But I just install Debian sid 64 bit og try the kernel 5.5 rc1 and it work perfect
Unavngivet.png