The RC2 of kernel 5.3 is available for testing.
- Linux 5.3-rc2 Comes In As Reasonably Large Following The Big Merge Window -- phoronix.com
- Torvalds' 5.3-rc2 announcement
- PowerPC fixes 5.3-2
- We don't need the vgaarb patch anymore because the issue with two graphics cards in an AmigaOne is solved. Link to the test thread: forum.hyperion-entertainment.com
- Initial ramdisks for the X5000 and X1000. Instructions for creating an initial ramdisk: forum.hyperion-entertainment.com
- X5000: An additional kernel (uImage-5.3-hid1) because of the issue with Logitech USB wireless mice for testing. Link to the test thread: forum.hyperion-entertainment.com
- Linux Git log
- Phoronix articles, reviews and news stories covering Linux 5.3
- X1000: pcmcia-v3 patch for solving the issues with new CF cards connected to the onboard CompactFlash Card Slot
- X1000: Enabled the kernel config options CONFIG_PATA_PCMCIA, CONFIG_PCMCIA, and CONFIG_ELECTRA_CF for the pcmcia-v3 patch
- X1000: compressed kernel (zImage) and uncompressed kernel (vmlinux)
- RC2 kernels and modules for the X5000 and X1000: linux-image-5.3-rc2-X1000_X5000.tar.gz
- Initial ramdisk for the X1000: initrd-5.3.img
- Initial ramdisk for the X5000: uInitrd-5.3
Please test the kernels with your CF cards.
Please test the uImage-5.3-hid1 with your Logitech wireless USB mouse.
Please test the kernels with your JMB363 card.
Could you please submit your new pcmcia patch to the kernel developers?