Kernel 4.7

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
User avatar
Srtest
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by Srtest »

xeno74 wrote:Hi All,

Here is the stable kernel 4.7.8.

New:
Download: vmlinux-4.7.8-AmigaONE_X1000.tar.gz

I cross compiled this kernel so please test it.

Cheers,

Christian

Boots.

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 5604
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by xeno74 »

@Srtest
Thank you for testing!

Did you test the alpha2 of kernel 4.8? I have seen that you tested the alpha 1, 3, and 4. There were some Btrfs problems.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
Srtest
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by Srtest »

Alpha 1 was the last that worked which was also pre-patch.

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 5604
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by xeno74 »

Hi All,

I successfully tested all cross compiled 4.7 kernels today. After that I compiled the stable kernel 4.7.10 on my X1000. :-)

New:
Download: vmlinux-4.7.10-AmigaONE_X1000.tar.gz

Screenshot of ubuntu MATE 16.10 with the stable kernel 4.7.10:

Image

Cheers,
Christian
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
kilaueabart
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 am

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by kilaueabart »

OK, I've got it on my rather flawed, unWelcome-ing 16.10 too. The revolving gear thing seems to work, although I get an error message when I close the little window. And I got the PA Semi... thing going temporarily, although it soon switches back to the Realtek.

But mine never comes up looking like a four-sided box, as you often show. I wonder why.

(After I post this, I'm back to 16.04, which works right.)

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 5604
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by xeno74 »

kilaueabart wrote: But mine never comes up looking like a four-sided box, as you often show. I wonder why.
Do you mean this here?

Image

@All
FYI: 4.7.10 is [EOL]
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
kilaueabart
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 am

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by kilaueabart »

xeno74 wrote:
kilaueabart wrote: But mine never comes up looking like a four-sided box, as you often show. I wonder why.
Do you mean this here?

Image
No, I meant your post right before mine, where the Ubuntu screen is on the front of some kind of box. But, yeah, that gear box too, now.

User avatar
xeno74
Posts: 5604
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by xeno74 »

kilaueabart wrote: No, I meant your post right before mine, where the Ubuntu screen is on the front of some kind of box. But, yeah, that gear box too, now.
This is Compiz. ;-)
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.

User avatar
kilaueabart
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:36 am

Re: Kernel 4.7

Post by kilaueabart »

xeno74 wrote:
kilaueabart wrote: No, I meant your post right before mine, where the Ubuntu screen is on the front of some kind of box. But, yeah, that gear box too, now.
This is Compiz. ;-)
Aha! Thanks. I had never heard of that, but I took a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w. Fascinating. I think I'll try to get along without it. :roll:

Post Reply