"This computer has Wiley Werewolf"

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
kilaueabart

"This computer has Wiley Werewolf"

Post by kilaueabart »

I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS for approximately the umpteenth time. The page for selecting the install location was headed, "This computer currently has Ubuntu Wiley Werewolf on it. What would you like to do?"

Cruelly ironic (but still amusing) in that I had tried and failed over and over to install Ubuntu 15.10 from an initrd.gz made for the purpose, which finally told me over and over that it could find no disk on my system. I had also spent a lot of time futiley trying to install the chroot version, but never made it all the way through without "can't do this" messages, perhaps because I hadn't done it all in one session.

Given the options of installing alongside Wiley Werewolf (was it really there?), erasing whatever was there (should include the failed previous install of 12.04), and "something else," I chose the last and had the partition erased prior to the new install.

The only Ubuntu things I had been able to use for a week had been Terminal and the CLI. Fortunately I was able to rouse a limited version of Firefox from those so I googled how to copy important files from my Home directory out through USB before I got them erased. Now replaced.

Every time I redo 12.04, this warning in the written instructions catches my eye: "It is important to use the official shut down procedure when quitting Linux. Leave 60 seconds before powering the AmigaONE X1000 back on." Does this really mean I should not use the reboot option in the Shutdown menu?
xeno74

Re: "This computer has Wiley Werewolf"

Post by xeno74 »

It's not a problem to use the reboot option.
http://www.amigalinux.org
http://www.supertuxkart-amiga.de

Running Linux on AmigaONEs can require some tinkering.