Pagestream

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues related to Linux only.
kilaueabart

Pagestream

Post by kilaueabart »

Looking at the documentation for PageStream 5.0.5.8 Linux makes me pretty sure it won't work on X1000 Linuxes, but does anyone know that I am wrong and it does work?

It's been a crucial program for me on OS4 for about five years, but all of a sudden it has quit opening files for reediting and I need to do something.
Aloha,
Bart
lucaricossa

Re: Pagestream

Post by lucaricossa »

no, it doesn't work on ppc linux.
Amiga-side, why doesn't it work? Try to hide the prefs and launch pgs fresh. Delete fontprefs and rebuild it, etc...
kilaueabart

Post by kilaueabart »

lucaricossa wrote:no, it doesn't work on ppc linux.
Amiga-side, why doesn't it work? Try to hide the prefs and launch pgs fresh. Delete fontprefs and rebuild it, etc...
It's just weird! I managed to open the file I needed yesterday by opening one of the supplied documents first and then the one I wanted, without closing the first one. Edited and saved. Exiting crashed the Amiga.

I needed to change a line today, and thought I'd give it one try directly before the above sneaky approach, and it came up immediately! (Again, exiting crashed the computer.)
Aloha,
Bart
lucaricossa

Post by lucaricossa »

try also to modify the screen prefs in prefs/screens (from the Workbench). Redo also the MUI prefs.
Also: I use version Pagestream5Pro, version 5.0.3.3.(19.06.2006). Other versions give problems