Harddisk at the PATA-IDE connection

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Re: Harddisk at the PATA-IDE connection

Post by trevordick »

@AmigaDave,

The IDE PATA port was one of the first drivers completed on the AmigaONE X1000. That was how the inital boards were tested. However, it was felt that users would prefer and expect fully working UDMA SATA drivers, which is what is included in 4.1 Update 5.

The updated IDE PATA UDMA drivers were completed just after the Update 5 CDs were pressed and were made available to the betatesters for testing. All registered "First Contact" owners will be able to download these drivers and the new serial ports drivers etc in the near future. As for the bounty idea, which I think has merit, that is for Hyperion to decide.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
AmigaDave

Post by AmigaDave »

trevordick wrote:@AmigaDave,

The IDE PATA port was one of the first drivers completed on the AmigaONE X1000. That was how the inital boards were tested. However, it was felt that users would prefer and expect fully working UDMA SATA drivers, which is what is included in 4.1 Update 5.

The updated IDE PATA UDMA drivers were completed just after the Update 5 CDs were pressed and were made available to the betatesters for testing. All registered "First Contact" owners will be able to download these drivers and the new serial ports drivers etc in the near future. As for the bounty idea, which I think has merit, that is for Hyperion to decide.

Trevor
Thanks for the reply Trevor. Since I am relatively new here, is there a system set up already for owners of X1000's to be notified of new downloads available for them, like email, or is there a location that I need to look regularly to check for any new downloads that are available?

I am looking forward to each new driver that is finished for the X1000 and hope that you will mention my idea to Hyperion for a bounty to help speed the completion of porting the XMOS programming tools to OS4.1.5 by one of the XMOS software engineers. I looked at the new Xorro Board demo video from the link provided on the A-Eon site and love the idea of being able to tinker with the Xena interface to control other devices in my house.

Is this Xorro board something that is available now, or just something that will be available some time in the future?
Proud owner of 10+ Commodore Amiga 680x0 computers
First Contact AmigaOne X1000 Dual Core 1.8GHz PA6T w/OS4.1FE
Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 PMac MDD w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 MacMini w/MorphOS3.7
17" 1.67GHz G4 PBooks w/MorphOS3.7
Efika 5200b w/MorphOS3.7
FPGA Arcade Replay w/AmigaOS3.x
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

AmigaDave wrote:Thanks for the reply Trevor. Since I am relatively new here, is there a system set up already for owners of X1000's to be notified of new downloads available for them, like email, or is there a location that I need to look regularly to check for any new downloads that are available?
I plan on using the development blog to post such news. There is an RSS feed and XNet-RSS works pretty well I'm told.
ExecSG Team Lead
AmigaDave

Post by AmigaDave »

ssolie wrote:
AmigaDave wrote:Thanks for the reply Trevor. Since I am relatively new here, is there a system set up already for owners of X1000's to be notified of new downloads available for them, like email, or is there a location that I need to look regularly to check for any new downloads that are available?
I plan on using the development blog to post such news. There is an RSS feed and XNet-RSS works pretty well I'm told.
I have bookmarked the blog location, so I can check on it often to find out what is the latest news from you Steve, thanks for the update on where to look for future announcements.

Now that Trevor has completed the difficult work on the Debian Squeeze installation manual, can we expect Hyperion to set up a download link soon, as there appear to be many X1000 owners who are anxious to download and install this option on their X1000 computers, including myself.

Although my interest is probably less than some, or most of the other X1000 owners. My primary interest and reason for buying my X1000 was to be able to run OS4.1.5, not some Linux distro, but it is an appealing option to be able to dual boot into another OS that has tons of software available to run on it, so we can get more use out of our X1000 purchases.

Looking forward to being able to download and install Debian Squeeze manual and kernel, so I can find out exactly what PPC Linux software is available and how well it will run on my X1000.
Proud owner of 10+ Commodore Amiga 680x0 computers
First Contact AmigaOne X1000 Dual Core 1.8GHz PA6T w/OS4.1FE
Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 PMac MDD w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 MacMini w/MorphOS3.7
17" 1.67GHz G4 PBooks w/MorphOS3.7
Efika 5200b w/MorphOS3.7
FPGA Arcade Replay w/AmigaOS3.x