4.1.5 CD?

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Sam

4.1.5 CD?

Post by Sam »

Anyone started getting their 4.1.5 CDs yet? Would love to try RunInUAE and get CD32 stuff working whihc I believe is on the CD.
amigasociety

Re: 4.1.5 CD?

Post by amigasociety »

Sam wrote:Anyone started getting their 4.1.5 CDs yet? Would love to try RunInUAE and get CD32 stuff working whihc I believe is on the CD.
I received mine this week.

I installed RunInUAE as I am new to it and was able to run a 68xxx app so that was cool.

tj
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
Sam

Post by Sam »

Thanks for letting me know! Looks like I've been forgotten. I'll give Amigakit a nudge.
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Sam wrote:Thanks for letting me know! Looks like I've been forgotten. I'll give Amigakit a nudge.
I may have received mine quicker because I had something else I was getting from them and since I am in the USA, they could save a little postage by using the same box since the CD is small and all.

;)

tj
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
AmigaDave

Post by AmigaDave »

amigasociety wrote:
Sam wrote:Thanks for letting me know! Looks like I've been forgotten. I'll give Amigakit a nudge.
I may have received mine quicker because I had something else I was getting from them and since I am in the USA, they could save a little postage by using the same box since the CD is small and all.

;)

tj
I want to order one of those cool looking X1000 25th Anniversary pins. Will that get me my 4.1.5 CD faster? :lol:

I thought that RunInUAE was going to be installed already when we received our X1000's from AmigaKit, so I was a little disappointed when I could not find it anywhere on the hard drive when I searched for it. That is one of the cool things that has been developed for NG Amigas recently. I know it has been possible for a long time, but it took more smarts and patience to install and tweak it, to get it running smoothly in the past. From what I have read recently, RunInUAE makes it easy to run old hardware banging software and games and that is something that should make many existing Amiga users take note of and perhaps consider buying a NG Amiga(One) to replace, or sit beside their original Amiga(s).

Can anyone tell me if RunInUAE works with WHDLoad on the X1000, or any other NG AmigaOne system? I purchased a WHDLoad license key, but have never taken the time to learn how to set it up and use it. I have a couple of Amigas that I would love to set up as WHDLoad systems. I have over 400 boxed Amiga games that I would love to have installed via WHDLoad, so they would be easier to run and I would play them more often. Also I worry about my floppy disks degrading and becoming unplayable.
Proud owner of 10+ Commodore Amiga 680x0 computers
First Contact AmigaOne X1000 Dual Core 1.8GHz PA6T w/OS4.1FE
Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 PMac MDD w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 MacMini w/MorphOS3.7
17" 1.67GHz G4 PBooks w/MorphOS3.7
Efika 5200b w/MorphOS3.7
FPGA Arcade Replay w/AmigaOS3.x
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

amigasociety wrote:

;)

tj
A little grease alwasys helps to oil the wheels. Ahem..... ;-)

I'm sure AmigaKit will be sending out the CD's in the near future. I haven't received mine yet! ;-)

TrevorD
I'm just Breezin'
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

AmigaDave wrote:Can anyone tell me if RunInUAE works with WHDLoad on the X1000, or any other NG AmigaOne system? I purchased a WHDLoad license key
Yes. During installation it asks if you have registered WHDLoad, and if yes then it asks where your WHDLoad key is. No fiddling required to get WHDLoad-installed games to play (after copying them over to your OS4 system from a Classic Amiga).
but have never taken the time to learn how to set it up and use it. I have a couple of Amigas that I would love to set up as WHDLoad systems. I have over 400 boxed Amiga games that I would love to have installed via WHDLoad, so they would be easier to run and I would play them more often. Also I worry about my floppy disks degrading and becoming unplayable.
RunInUAE does not magically allow the X1000 to read Amiga floppies, so you will still need to use WHDLoad Installers on a Classic Amiga to create harddisk versions (it is very easy). There are also web sites where people have (ahem) already done this, but they fall into a legally iffy area (which some call "abandonware" - there is no such legal definition yet, but I do remember hearing some noises about attempts to get one created).
AmigaDave

Post by AmigaDave »

ChrisH wrote:
AmigaDave wrote:Can anyone tell me if RunInUAE works with WHDLoad on the X1000, or any other NG AmigaOne system? I purchased a WHDLoad license key
Yes. During installation it asks if you have registered WHDLoad, and if yes then it asks where your WHDLoad key is. No fiddling required to get WHDLoad-installed games to play (after copying them over to your OS4 system from a Classic Amiga).
but have never taken the time to learn how to set it up and use it. I have a couple of Amigas that I would love to set up as WHDLoad systems. I have over 400 boxed Amiga games that I would love to have installed via WHDLoad, so they would be easier to run and I would play them more often. Also I worry about my floppy disks degrading and becoming unplayable.
RunInUAE does not magically allow the X1000 to read Amiga floppies, so you will still need to use WHDLoad Installers on a Classic Amiga to create harddisk versions (it is very easy). There are also web sites where people have (ahem) already done this, but they fall into a legally iffy area (which some call "abandonware" - there is no such legal definition yet, but I do remember hearing some noises about attempts to get one created).
Well, with the recent announcement of further progress on the Catweasel Mk4 drivers for OS4.x, I am chomping at the bit for one of my X1000 PCI slots to become available, so I can install the Catweasel Mk4 and a floppy drive to read/write Amiga floppy disks, without the need to transfer the floppy data from an original 68k Amiga.

Hopefully one of the drivers will be released soon, either the onboard sound driver, or the onboard Ethernet driver, and I can then remove that PCI card and replace it with my Catweasel Mk4. I hope that the Catweasel joystick ports will also be supported under OS4.x now, or in the future. I'll have to ask Ian if he has tested them.

I have not yet received my OS4.1.5CD yet, so perhaps I should contact AmigaKit and order that pin I want and ask them to include my CD in that shipment.

Edit: Order sent to AmigaKit last night for the 25th anniversary pin and another 2gb RAM stick to balance my total RAM with two 1gb DIMM's and two 2gb DIMM's for a total of 6gb of RAM that can be used when running Debian Squeeze Linux. I asked for them to send my OS4.1.5 CD with this order if mine has not already been sent.

Hopefully one way or the other, I will have my OS4.1.5 CD soon.
Proud owner of 10+ Commodore Amiga 680x0 computers
First Contact AmigaOne X1000 Dual Core 1.8GHz PA6T w/OS4.1FE
Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 PMac MDD w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 MacMini w/MorphOS3.7
17" 1.67GHz G4 PBooks w/MorphOS3.7
Efika 5200b w/MorphOS3.7
FPGA Arcade Replay w/AmigaOS3.x